TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Nikon D70 Review out at DPReview.com

Page: 1 2 3 Reply
Jul 3rd 2004#154867 Report
Well, well I just started looking for a camera. After a long run with my 35 year old pentax 35mm (my father's camera). I decided to get a digital camera (of course) and was looking at the D70 and the 300D.

So far I think most people like Nikon better, but I just started reading nikon's review. I can see it has lesser noise, but why doesn't it have ISO 100 like on the 300D?

If other people has bought one of those cameras or other similar, feel free to say what you think about it...
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 3rd 2004#154912 Report
I just played with a D70 this afternoon... It is SWEET. It feels so much sturdier and professional than the 300D. It also has instant-on, which is awesome. You just press the button and it's ready to take pictures instantly. I've also read that it's much faster than the Digital Rebel. I would definitely go with the D70 personally. But I haven't really used either that long, just playing with them in the store. :(
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 3rd 2004#154914 Report
yeah, the speed of the camera might be important in some situation, so that's a good thing to hear. I'll go test them in a store as well when I find time, but I can almost say I'll take the D70. But damn, this is expensive, haha.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 4th 2004#154940 Report
Yeah it is! My dad just ordered a Fuji S7000 online for less than $400 with a rebate. It's a good compromise if you're on budget. It's a 6mp with 6x zoom and a manual focus ring. It's not a SLR, just a high-end "prosumer" type camera. That might be worth looking into if you're looking to save some cash.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 5th 2004#154991 Report
I just went to the store and tried the D70, the 300D and the coolpix 8700. and the D70 is the one I was the most comfortable with. It's so sweet, not too heavy and I have a good feeling with it. The 300D looks awesome too, but the D70 has so much more features.

A thing I'm sure is I didn't like the 8700 and the fact that you always watch through digital window. I don't like that at all for some reason.

The only thing I gotta decide is if I'm ready to spend $1900 CA. It's a hard one.

I can check the Fuji out as well next time I go. ahhhhh so difficult :(
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 6th 2004#155036 Report
I feel like I should follow up on my earlier post... it's been a while since I posted it, but my two friends - one with the digital rebel, one with the nikon D70 - both hate their cameras.

1) I told the Nikon guy when he bought it 2 mo. ago: "be careful with this little sucker, it's really plastic, you drop it or bang it against something, you're screwed" - well, you're probably guessing how that turned out. $200 and a month in the shop for a new pop-up flash.

2) the Canon Digital Rebel guy has all of his compartments taped shut - the latches all broke - the CF card, battery and flash... he's pissed, too. Keeps trying to sell it to people so he can buy a newer, more high-end model.

I'm not endorsing either - I love my 10D, but I realize it's more pricey than both of these - with no lens! I guess I'm just saying to be really tender with either one. I've not test driven the Fuji yet, but I'd like to.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 6th 2004#155050 Report
aren't they all plastic anyway? You gotta pay up to 3000$ to get a solid camera made in metal, and I cannot afford that.

Some people must be more lucky eh?

damn that depressed me
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 9th 2004#155204 Report
Well I've read alot of stuff on it and I'll probably get my camera tomorrow if I'm lucky enough... I just can't think of anything else, it's crazy.

(I'll be sure to not drop it down :P)
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 9th 2004#155214 Report
I don't understand how people can be upset at electronic device manufacturers for them not "surviving a drop" I mean that's just stupid. I've heard that said about iPods too, "Just don't drop it!!". Well duh, of course you better not drop it, it's a ****ing $500 piece of sensitive electronic equipment. How can you fault the manufacturer of a device for not making it indestructible? I mean, criticize the speed, the features, etc. But not liking something because you broke it is pretty dumb. No offense to your friends or anything, gg. If I spent $1,200 on a camera I would be sure to never put it in a situation that it could even possibly be dropped or bumped. Sure, accidents happen, but gees. I'm not gonna be mad at nikon 'cause my camera didn't work after I threw it down a flight of stairs.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 14th 2004#155540 Report
LOL - very true, deker... you mean I shouldn't have played air hockey with my iPod??!!

I guess my point was: some Digital SLRs are flimsy, and like anything, you get what you pay for.

The manufacturers have got to cut something in order to get their 5000 dollar camera down to 1000 bucks -in these cases, durability was sacrificed, it's safe to say.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 3 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum