TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Metal text that looks a bit softer than the usual.

Page: 1 Reply
Oct 31st 2005#171145 Report
Making metallic text:1.
Start out with a new image and type your text out. Use black for this exercise. Once done go to layer/type/render
layer. Duplicate this layer and hide it. 2.
Next Ctrl+Click on the text layer to select it and then create a new layerOnce you have created your new layer hit "D" on your keyboard to switch your palette colors to the default black and white. Now on the new layer select the linear gradient tool and fill from the top to the bottom while holding down your shift key to keep the angle straight. 3.
Now with that layer still selected create another new layerOnce you have created the new layer go to select/modify/contract and choose 2 as...
Tutorial is here Metal text that looks a bit softer than the usual.

If you have any questions or comments regarding this tutorial please post it in this thread
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 10th 2005#171782 Report
Hi!!!! On my Photoshop settings, I can't find this description layer/type/render :confused: Where's the render setting?

EDIT NOTE

Forget it, I made a rasterize, it's the same thing right? At this moment I can't find the box "preserve transparency" on my layers' pallette. Why? I have Photoshop 7.0...
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum