TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Let's make some liquid looking chrome.

Page: 1 Reply
Oct 31st 2005#171130 Report
Making Liquid Metal: 
-Start by making a new 400x400 pixel image with a white background.
-Click on your channels
tab and create a new channel. 2.
-Next use the add noise filter and use a setting of [Amount = 630 (400 in PS 6.0)], [Distribution = Uniform] and
leave the Monochromatic "un" checked. -side note: Do all of these steps in your channels, not the layers... 3.
-Now run the filter/texture/patchwork and use the settings I have. [Square Size = 8] and the
[Relief = 0] 4.
-Now go to filter/stylize/Glowing edges and use the settings that I used. [Edge width = 14], [EdgeBrightness = 5], [Smoothness = 5] 5.
-Now run the difference clouds filter TWO time...
Tutorial is here Let's make some liquid looking chrome.

If you have any questions or comments regarding this tutorial please post it in this thread
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 12th 2006#174561 Report
[QUOTE=Team Photoshop]Making Liquid Metal: 
-Start by making a new 400x400 pixel image with a white background.
-Click on your channels
tab and create a new channel. 2.
-Next use the add noise filter and use a setting of [Amount = 630 (400 in PS 6.0)], [Distribution = Uniform] and
leave the Monochromatic "un" checked. -side note: Do all of these steps in your channels, not the layers... 3.
-Now run the filter/texture/patchwork and use the settings I have. [Square Size = 8] and the
[Relief = 0] 4.
-Now go to filter/stylize/Glowing edges and use the settings that I used. [Edge width = 14], [EdgeBrightness = 5], [Smoothness = 5] 5.
-Now run the difference clouds filter TWO time...
Tutorial is here Let's make some liquid looking chrome.

If you have any questions or comments regarding this tutorial please post it in this thread[/QUOTE]
Anyway, as it happens, I too, am converting a modified template gotten from templatemonster. I'm using SiteGrinder, and so far everything has gone fairly smoothly - I even added a SiteGrinder form (though it's not hooked up yet). The thing I hated about this Photoshop file is it consisted of hundreds and hundreds of tiny layers, each named "Bitmap". For example, there was this shaded dotted line thingy - each dot and each shadow were their own layer. Took awhile to clean up that part of the file. But now things are flying. Here's my work so far: http://www.medialab.com/PWMenus/1homesgready3490/1homesgready3490/1homesgready3.html
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum