TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

TPS Challenge 2: Cyan vs. Eather (complete)

Page: 1 2 Reply
Jan 25th 2002#28299 Report
This will just be a photo manipulation. Download the picture that I link to, and edit it anyway you want. Just don't go overboard and make it so we don't even recognize the picture, you know what I mean?

I don't know what programs you guys have, so lets just keep it to straight photoshop, with no other programs or 3rd party filters.

Resize the final image to 800 x 600, and post it here when you are done.

You are welcome to use text, and any standard photoshop filters.

There isn't a 'topic', really, just build off of that image as a base for your design.

Your deadline is 48 hours from the time this post was made. If you finish before then, go ahead and post it and we will start voting when both submissions have been received.

Don't make any other posts in this thread until both entries have been received.

I think that's it, so here is the image for you to manipulate:

The image (178k)
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 27th 2002#28504 Report
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 27th 2002#28514 Report
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 27th 2002#28515 Report
MMMMMMMMMMk.... The results are in so we can start the voting. Just post the name of the person you think should win FIRST. Then if you have any additional comments, put them below your vote.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 27th 2002#28524 Report
Eather

Definately eather cause there's more composition to it. Plus he made an ancient photo, look futuristic
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 27th 2002#28526 Report
Cyan

I'll go for cyan for this one. The fog reminds me of Myst and Riven. Eathers manip isn't bad but a bit too busy for me.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 27th 2002#28529 Report
cyan.

The other pic is just a bit too busy for me, looks like a lot of filters.

Cyan, maybe next time make the snow (?) or mist a bit more visible.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 27th 2002#28538 Report
Eather

In this contest, I wasn't even sure how to vote. Cyan's looks like its just some airbrushed white onto it, and Eather's is just a bunch of filters. I don't mean to be harsh, but it just doesn't look like much time was put into either of them. The one that looks like it has been altered the most is Eather's, so I voted for it.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 27th 2002#28539 Report
Cyan.

I honestly dont like either one. I guess you could say I am voting for the one I dislike the least.

The airbrushing was a good start, but I think it should have been carried further. Perhaps not even used at all. Even if all she did was duplicate the photo layer and play with blending modes, anything would have been better than just randomly selecting filters.

Sure, his pic sort looks like a stairway up to some magic time gate, but it is only filters....no real "work" put into it other than selecting the area you were going apply said filter.

For pure imagination, Eather would have gotten my vote...just too many filters.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 27th 2002#28550 Report
well, eathers looks like he spent more time working on it
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum