TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

**Pixel Wars Tournament- Round 4** (started 5:00pm EST 4/29/02)

Page: 1 2 3 4 Reply
Apr 30th 2002#44864 Report
Nah, I ain't gonna bail out. I was just asking.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 30th 2002#44877 Report
I believe pank is interested in getting some corporate sponsorship from the graphics community for the next tournament, we'll see.

I agree, graphics guy, we need to refine the process a little. I would think either a scoring system, or maybe single elimination, or a ladder structure--just ideas.

I knew you wouldn't bail, sidez... I was just callin' ya out :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 30th 2002#44881 Report
well yeah im sure we will have alot more ideas by the time the next tournament starts, but theres always gotta be that first trial run to see what works and what doesnt.

i also think if there was some kind of prize for the winner, there would be more interest. perhaps even if the winner was posted on the index of teamphotoshop?
Reply with Quote Reply
May 1st 2002#45053 Report
i think this challenge is pretty bad. you are not letting the designer's own sense of humor and style shine through. give them a bit more freedom!
Reply with Quote Reply
May 1st 2002#45108 Report
Charm: I don't know why I feel the need to explain myself one more time, but your open ended criticism entreats a reply.

Graphics Guy seems to get it:

Actually, this challenge reminds me a lot of my college graphics classes. You never get to pick your next project, in school or otherwise - even if you think it's dumb, you still have to get it done.

The images were picked because they ARE difficult to mask (as evidenced by the whining), the subject was picked because it was nonsense, and the designers were given full lattitude to use any other images they wished. The challenge wasn't created open ended, like "The elements"--now go create everything from scratch, no 3rd party filters--because the results would be wide spread and even more subjective to personal tastes, not ability to work within the ridiculous constraints of a challenge. Trying to keep the playing field a little more level for judging--and make it silly and fun all at the same time.

That said, we would MORE than welcome some input for ideas for pixel wars. Just send your ideas to one of the mods--we keep a ongoing list of ideas where we can all get at them. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance. :D
Reply with Quote Reply
May 1st 2002#45109 Report
Idea: Create a landscape using random stock photos.

Seems like a challenge to me.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 1st 2002#45111 Report
Clarify a little moochie, I think I know what you mean... sounds interesting.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 1st 2002#45114 Report
Well I was thinkg about how modern sculpture is now, they seem to find things that are completely unrelated, super glue it together, and submit it to a museum as a work of art. (Personally, I just find it a heap of junk.) So what I was thinking about is to take ordinary stock photos, and photomanipulate it to such a level that it resembles a landscape (or any other type of art, maybe self-portraits?).

I'd work on an example but iStockphoto has those whack download credits now and I need another source for stock photos. I'll see what I can do with some images that came with XP....

[edit] Actually I found an example of the modern art(crap) that I was talking about:
. Maybe we can try it with photos :D
Reply with Quote Reply
May 2nd 2002#45133 Report
May 4th 2002#45528 Report
uh my challenge with sidefx... wasn't it 8 - 8 instead of me winning 8 - 7????

NL
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 3 4 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum