TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

**Pixel Wars Tournament- Round 4** (started 5:00pm EST 4/29/02)

Page: 1 2 3 4 Reply
Apr 24th 2002#43776 Report
ok sorry about the LOONNG delay, but now, we are back on track.

Round 4 will consist of the following matches:

in the championship bracket (semifinals)-
Sidefx vs. NL
Bonamo vs. NOA

in the consolation round:
Amenranozira vs. Cybling Boy
7Blobs vs. GraphicsGuy

ok lets get this party started
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 25th 2002#43809 Report
Start mine on Friday or Saturday.
I have finals on Friday morning so, friday afternoon and saturday I will be free to do some imagery and Sunday prepare for Monday's paper :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 25th 2002#43846 Report
yeah, let the battle between side and me start on friday please!!!!!!!!
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 25th 2002#43919 Report
I'm good for whenever. Well, Friday night I have a very important meeting to be at at the House Of Blues... RANCID/NOFX concert. But I can manage...

so - I'm ready when 7blobs is ready, I guess.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 25th 2002#43942 Report
ok well then the whole thing will start saturday morning or late friday night. (depending when the mods get around to it)

im going to be out of town saturday, but ill still have plenty of time.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 29th 2002#44677 Report
Your project is a MOVIE POSTER. You know, like... at the movies.

(example: http://www.moviegoods.com/movie_product.asp?master%5Fmovie%5Fid=6037 )

Your final image is to be 640 pixels wide X 800 pixels tall. The title of the movie is "Invasion of the Belly Button Lint Snatchers". Your director is Bob Pankala and your leading man is "Deker". You must use the following 2 stock photos:

Fluffers

Slinky

You MAY import other images, you MAY use PS filters, you MAY use 3rd party filters, you MUST use text, but you MAY NOT use any other graphics programs besides Photoshop.

Good Luck!

Post any questions in this thread.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 30th 2002#44743 Report
Not another poster :D..

[ edit - request ]
Errm, Malibu, no offence or anything, But it seems that the requirement to use the images given restricts the ability to create something.

From the image submitted by 7blobs, I seriously think he could have created something better if there wasn't the restriction.
I don't know if the others would agree on this.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 30th 2002#44837 Report
sidez: If you want to withdraw from the tournament, you are more than welcome to.

Maybe being from SG, you probably don't realize the cultural significance of the "slinky". It is truly an icon of how someone can make a million dollars based on something as silly as a coil of wire, and a cute jingle.

What you fail to realize is that the challenge IS to try and create something interesting and exciting while having your hands tied to some silly client's 'requirement'. Ergo, a metaphor on real life design constraints.

As I said before, if you're not up to the challenge, feel free to withdraw.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 30th 2002#44853 Report
Actually, this challenge reminds me a lot of my college graphics classes. You never get to pick your next project, in school or otherwise - even if you think it's dumb, you still have to get it done. (for example, I just designed an extremely ugly vehicle sign for a lady who wanted it "exactly like her business card" - which was designed entirely with Microsoft Word-:(..).

I think 7blobs rocked this project. I'm busting my ass to try to top that one... a great challenge, but I'm up for it. :D

I do think there should be some sort of a jackpot for the next tournament, however. Then, you'd get more interest from the rest of the team memers, I think. What sort of jackpot? HellifIknow! maybe tshirts or books or software, etc. (?) I have a few other ideas, like a scoring system rather than a bracket, etc. but I'll save those for another time. this post is already too damn long...
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 30th 2002#44854 Report
deep
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 3 4 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum