TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

i want to chalenge someone here

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 Reply
Apr 10th 2002#41224 Report
Since about 5pm yesterday when someone stalked me at eyeball design to get me to come back here (for a short time atleast, you can't trust my attention span)

No no not blog for me. I tried doing one for my Dr Pepper site but i got so hung up on designing it and trying to figure out how to customize the hell outta blogger that it never happened. hehe. Maybe one day.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 10th 2002#41257 Report
so anyone want to set a battle up for eaiter of us?
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 10th 2002#41261 Report
Do we have to PM a mod or something? Bah i should have pay attention to this stuff when they were discussing it months ago.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 10th 2002#41370 Report
Please familiarize yourself with the rules for Pixel Wars

http://www.teamphotoshop.com/forum/vbforum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4748

If you would like to 'steer' the direction of what type of challenge you would like to have, please reply and indicate your preferences. If you have none, I'm sure a mod will set up the challenge for you in the near future.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 10th 2002#41376 Report
TheMacestPanda
Do you have a preference? I don't care really. If you feel you can use 3rd party filters w/o making your image look like it has cancer then more power to you. I probably won't use them but i wouldn't restrict you if you wanted to go in that direction.

I don't want it to be pixel art. But beyond that i supose i'm up to the challenge. How about you?
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 10th 2002#41379 Report
id like someone else to make the settings for me and DPQ's thing, can a mod help us out please? =)
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 11th 2002#41381 Report
i want strickly photoshop (no 3D programs) and one native filters, i frown to anyone that uses 3rd party filters (it just shows a lack of intrest and ability to work)

so as long as its photoshop and native filters, im ok with it =)
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 11th 2002#41382 Report
From what i understand we decide what we are willing to do (or what we don't want to do) and a mod decides the rest. (IE the actual theme and image_

(edit)
Native Filters only, check
Photoshop only, Check (all i have :P)

Thats all i care about too (and no pixel art theme)

BTW i disagree with your views on 3rd party filters. Filters are filters. Native or otherwise. its how you use them that matters. Most people do a horrible job on it but if you think using 3rd party filters qualifys as being bad then would have to say using ANY filters is showing lack of interest in your work. Photoshop is a tool a filter is a tool. Its how you use them that matters.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 11th 2002#41410 Report
ya but a 3rd party filter is just a fast way of doing something that would take time and talent and use of many dif. native filters, i just think normal filters are good, and that 3rd party ones are ok for pushing art out but in the long run it is more enjoyable and shows more ability to use a brush and a filter, i usually only use the brush, but filters are fun =)
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 11th 2002#41418 Report
Isn't using filters in general making up for the lack of talent/skill/knowledge of being able to due do it by hand in photoshop?

Hell isn't photoshop making up for my lack of skill, ability, and knowledge of non-digital art? See what i'm getting at. It should NEVER be about the tool you use. Just the final project.

Whats a 'normal' filter. Just something Adobe decided to play into the program, thats all.

I think if someone can make something GOOD (notice, good) with using filters, then more power to them

Filters have such a bad rep because newbies flock to them and make all these horrible images. But even then, THEY had fun.

Keep in mind filter-cheesing in itself is bad. RELYING of filters to make an image is lame, and obvious to spot. However i'm all for people using filters to enchance their images *nods nods*

Obviously you don't have to use them, i don't too much. But i never look down on someone who does. Its just another tool.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum