TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Next Speedpainting challenge

Page: 1 2 Reply
Mar 9th 2005#166546 Report
Here's to making this thing a weekly event. Check my post in the misc section here

Anyway, let's try another one of these, shall we? Same conditions as the last one.

CRITERIA:
-30-60 minutes
-Photoshop (no scanned images this time. Relax, it's subject to change later)
-No Image size/Dimension Constraints
-Photo's for reference only. No overpainting/tracing, no manips.
-Multiple entries Encouraged

SUBJECT:

"We need a hero" (yeah, that's right, more than two words. Think you can handle it?)

Anyway, if there are any participants, the challenge close date will be a week from whenever we get at least three members in on it.

Lets' see what we can make with this one.

*EDIT*

Ok, to get people on board with this first one, how about we rescind the 'no scanned images' stipulation.

Same time constraints remain.
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 13th 2005#166654 Report
i'm in. woohoo!
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 13th 2005#166656 Report
Dopeness.

I won't start on this one till we get a couple more people on it, so I don't spend like three days on it, so it doesn't defeat the purpose of the whole speedpainting thing.
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 18th 2005#166775 Report
i wanna play!
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 18th 2005#166777 Report
Sweet.

I'll see if nos ofr rodder want to get in on it too.
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 18th 2005#166783 Report
ok... the time constrains were hard on me... i'm about halfway done from what i imagine this image should look like in the end.

check out my efforts here

Sigh...

ok... what is missing out of this picture is...

-there should be sky/clouds behind the girl.

-she is missing her hair, long and flowey like.

-there should be pieces of the empire state building showing

-there should also be a ribbon in the girls hand [left] that has the title of the challenge on it.

you might be asking, "what does this have to do with the challenge, we need a hero?"

well... at first i had a hard time getting that wretched "I need a hero" song out of my brain...

then i was looking at a book of images that pics of old ny, in one of the images it has a dent in a car from a womans body who had committed suicide. it got me thinking that she certainly needed a hero, and hence my idea of what this image should be, a woman free falling after taking a leap from the empire state building...

yes, i know... it's morbid...

:rolleyes:
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 21st 2005#166824 Report
:< where is everybody...
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 21st 2005#166825 Report
I was hoping a couple more people would participate, but I guess this is it, so here's my entry.

Bluediva, your's is freaking awesome. Mine kinda needs some more finishing, really. I worked on it for about an hour, and I guess the idea was something like he's the last one who can do the job, although he's already one of the ones who've been counted out of the fight.

I dunno.

I like your concept better.
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 21st 2005#166829 Report
wow! pganguly! i actually think yours rocks, i love how the face has so much expression w/o specific definition... really hot.

i also get your idea-- i like it, the 'antihero', so to say.

i wish i could flesh out a muscle man like yours... i suck at that... my muscle boys tend to look a little like Mr. Hyde from the League of ext. Gentlemen… on crack... : /

i think i might give mine another hour and see if i can finish it off.
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 21st 2005#166845 Report
ok, so i spent another hour on this... my hand is totally cramped...

here is my new rendering

please note that the file is huge... be patient.

in order to make this look like what i want i would have to spend at least another 2-3 hours...

hope u peeps like it...

also, where is everyone else? i thought there was going to be several of us doing this! :(
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum