TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Everyone vs. Everyone

Page: 1 2 3 Reply
Oct 11th 2003#124440 Report
read this first. You'll get the idea.

Anyway, just to elaborate for the sake of being wordy, here goes:
Nearly everyone has had just about all they can take of all these Mac v. PC threads in the misc. section, and in order to help quell them, I've decided to challenge everyone to make up some kind of whoop ass case mods for their brand of choice, without using any existing pictures.

This is a chance to prove your skills, and promote/voice your opinion on which product you prefer.

I know that this may seem to be a relatively mundane, and somewhat unoriginal idea (it's done on forums everywhere) but this is the only way I can think to get people to actually do something to prove their apparent skill, due to whichever system they use (which seems to be an undertone here)

So, the entire casemod idea seemed to be the most broad and far reaching idea that I could think of.

So, unless anyone has any disagreements, here are the 'rules':
-Don't use any pre-existing photographs. Make the entire thing yourself.
-Make it look 'real', as in something that could feasibly exist in reality
-Don't post which 'side' your computer's supposed to represent, unless the logo's on it which...eh, whatever. (Try to refrain from the use of logos, unless it's a very definite design element)

And now for some other regulations:
-Be original, dammit. For you Mac people, make something that doesn't look like it's been inflated with a bike pump. PC people...Do whatever the hell you want. I mean, you've got a little more to work with, I think.
-This is open to anyone, so, serious posts only, please.
-Think unconventionally. Like, reeeally unconventionally.
-There's no time limit as such, for the time being, so start whenever, and finish whenever.

Maybe this whole thing won't even work, but aside from just deleting all those Mac v. PC threads, and banning the most vocal respondents, I don't see many other options.

Anyway, go, do something.

Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 11th 2003#124445 Report
Im in!

Couple things that im confused bout though.......judging for instance. It is based on an individual effort.....or is it a team thing? And by team thing i mean if "pc pics" get more votes....then the pc ppl win??

2nd....we would need to clarify whats an acceptable "mod" and whats not. Maybe limit the mods to only "actual" mod accessories (which can be researched on any computer site)(meaning i can design a window in the case or something...but i cant design a flame thrower pc.[which would kick ass btw lol])

just need to refine the rules and such if its goin go work.
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 11th 2003#124448 Report
http://visualintensity.com/pixelwar.gif

Actually, after more than an 18-pack of beer and more than an 18-pack of attempts, it still doesn't look like it's supposed to. *shrug* I give up. I got tired of re-mousing all that text out.

*makes note, buy tablet*.
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 11th 2003#124478 Report
You're all a bunch of number farmers! ;)
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 11th 2003#124479 Report
does that mean your in ?
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 11th 2003#124484 Report
Originally posted by Rodder454
Couple things that im confused bout though.......judging for instance. It is based on an individual effort.....or is it a team thing? And by team thing i mean if "pc pics" get more votes....then the pc ppl win??

I'm not entirely sure yet. I guess I want people to quit byatching about which system is better, and actually make a graphic proving their skills. Then, if or when people decide that they like a given graphic, they can say, 'Yeah, byatch, that's a Mac! Macs Rule!'

It's essentially a chance for everyone to put their money where their mouth is, and actually do something about this whole Mac v. PC debate.

So, I guess to answer your question, I haven't figured out how the 'winners' will be decided. I guess it's just a competition for bragging rights.

also...

[quote]2nd....we would need to clarify whats an acceptable "mod" and whats not. Maybe limit the mods to only "actual" mod accessories (which can be researched on any computer site)(meaning i can design a window in the case or something...but i cant design a flame thrower pc.[which would kick ass btw lol])[/quote]

Again, do whatever the hell you want, just as long as the thing's relatively 'realistic' and/or is something that could theoretically exist. So, I guess, you could make a flame thrower PC, if the flames have something to do with the actual functionality of the computer.

Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 11th 2003#124498 Report
Does it have to look realistic? As in, a photo like picture? or can it be cartoony-ish? Cause, y'know, it's just a design you're looking for.
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 12th 2003#124520 Report
Edit:

Sorry - didn't read the "rules" correctly.
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 12th 2003#124522 Report
you missed the point about the bike pump thing. Pganguly is referring to the "clear plastic trendy" look that all those macs have.

Second, you didn't make anything pertaining to the pixel war at all. You're supposed to make a picture of a case for a computer. That's it.

Third, you're not even supposed to make any images and post them here anyway. This is just the challenge section. It hasn't actually been turned into a pixel war yet.

btw... that bike pump comment was really funny lol
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 12th 2003#124524 Report
I didn't know I was in the challenge arena. I followed his link from another thread.

Also, I didn't read the part about a computer case. Perhaps I'll make a case made out of a bike pump?

apologies. You can see I'm new at these games. I'll take down the page.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 3 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum