TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

best software?

Page: 1 2 3 4 Reply
Dec 13th 2001#23240 Report
wat is the best program to use with photoshop 6.0.1 and image ready?

i use front page but alot of things im unsure of.
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 13th 2001#23241 Report
I like dreamweaver...for WYSIWYG editing

you can download a tryout version off MAcromedia.com I think.

but if you want something for free and don't mind spending a little time learning HTML you can download the full version of 1stpage2000 from Evrsoft.com for free. I have started using it more than Dreamweaver
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 13th 2001#23243 Report
After a great recommendation from Charm, I've started using Arachnophilia. It's super swell.

Arachnophilia

And I use this great little piece of software to write CSS.

TopStyle
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 13th 2001#23245 Report
*doesn't mention what he uses*
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 13th 2001#23246 Report
sooooo...... wats the simplest? i dont really have alot of time on my hands :(
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 13th 2001#23247 Report
I hear FrontPage is the easiest to use. I don't know though. Never used it.

Dreamweaver is relatively easy to use because it's just point and click. Arachnophilia is basically a powerful text editor. And I've never used that 1stpage or whatever Torn suggested.

If you don't mind spending money and don't know HTML, then use Dreamweaver.

If you know HTML, then use arachnophilia or 1st page.

All depends on your knowledge and willingness to spend money.
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 13th 2001#23248 Report
If your question is ease of use, I think Frontpage is easier to learn initially. Dreamweaver is a lot more feature rich and has a higher learning curve in my opinion. The problem is time, you always need it when getting a new piece of software. If your already using front page and your pressed for time then you obviously have an advantage using it over learning something new ;o). I myself use Dreamweaver for a wysiwyg editor. Although the best investment of your time would probably be learning how to code by hand ;o).
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 13th 2001#23251 Report
"wysiwyg editor" dunno wat that is

the only reason i want to quit front page is because its not taking my roll overs from immage ready :(

if dreamweaver is only drag and drop then i might sway that way. but does it use the same stuff like front page with the tables and such?

front page keeps adding gaps all over the place and i cant seem to set a small picture next to a big picture with out it messing up. also, i cant seem to put 2 tables next to each other, only one on top of the other which messes up my plan :(

does dream weaver have these problems?
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 13th 2001#23252 Report
WYSIWYG = What You See Is What You Get

Or a program that has a visual interface for creating a web site, rather than hand coding it.

Those problems you mention are not problems with the program, that is the way HTML works. You should probably read up on HTML at least a little so you know what you can and can't do.

You can't put a table next to another table. They always stack on top of each other. Instead make a table with two columns to get the effect you are looking for. If you need to, you can make a 2 column table and then put another table inside each 'cell' or 'column' for the effect you need. Again, you should probably learn at least the basics of HTML.
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 13th 2001#23253 Report
enlightened

i will read a little more and check back later

thnx alot
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 3 4 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum