TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

testing nav

Page: 1 2 Reply
Oct 23rd 2001#19036 Report
I'd offer an opinion except i get a page not found...

chris
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 23rd 2001#19042 Report
http://www.digisoftdesign.com/dev/ddiv2x/3j/ < i randmly change directories
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 23rd 2001#19060 Report
Personally I don't have a problem with the nav. Everything is text links so it's not like the viewer has to check each time to see what each button does. Yes, the order does change slightly each time you visit a new section, but the nav's location stays consistent so it's not like you're searching all over the page to see where your navigation is. Would I use it for an e-commerce or basic informational site? Probably not, but i see nothing wrong with using it for a designer's site.

Chris
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 23rd 2001#19068 Report
I just noticed something...

http://www.proximalabs.com/v3/home.htm

I knew I had seen that subway picture before.

btw - im not suggesting this is a rip, just pointing
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 24th 2001#19088 Report
Hey there,
Clients are dumb, they have no idea what's going on. There not supposed to know exactly what's going on, that's why there the client. Plus, losing a client can't be all that bad (Barmorish).
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 24th 2001#19090 Report
not that dumb, i ran the design by a prior client (check for professionalism) and he really likes it.
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 24th 2001#19092 Report
Originally posted by Axiom
I just noticed something...

http://www.proximalabs.com/v3/home.htm

I knew I had seen that subway picture before.

btw - im not suggesting this is a rip, just pointing

its a non copyright image..i got from an image site.. i have lots more like that..
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 25th 2001#19160 Report
Does anybody here remember the redesign of www.billabong.com from not to long ago (The design that www.juxtinteractive.com did). Well, is it just me, or did the billabong and juxt site look amazingly alike. Don't get all mad here, I love the work juxt does, I was just kind of supprised to see that from them.
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 25th 2001#19164 Report
it would be much better if you actually made the list rotate through, the chosen subject moves all the way to the front,

and all the subjects stayed in order,
like a conveyer belt,

instead of having just the ones in back or in front of it move into it's place and it move forward, I think they should all move, this way they stay in the same order, they just process them selves through.
like a line, and the person who was in front finished his/her transaction, but then realized that they need something else, well they cant come back in front of the line they have to wait their turn and go to the back

I don't know I am new to this stuff, so I am not one to be giving out to many recommendations, but I think it would much improve the order, and make it less confusing.

:]

and I do understand how it works "pixel" I had fun with it,

but I on the other hand wasn't looking at it to look at if for amusement. he asked an opinion and I stated what I though would help him, clients are very valuable, especially when your rent rests upon whether that clients stays or leaves.

I was simply letting him know from a users point of view that trying to navigate through his site like that would get too frustrating for some and for others it would be just fine.
but but he cant afford to have some frustrated and some happy, he needs them all happy, so why go with the half*** job when he can do it right from the beginning and save him a lot more work.

I just recommended this idea because it is a similar idea to the one he has, it is just differed a bit, making it a lot more user friendly, and a little less frustrating.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum