TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

testing nav

Page: 1 2 Reply
Oct 21st 2001#18937 Report
hey everybody, im testing the navigation for beta 3 of v2 or my site..

url
http://www.digisoftdesign.com/dev/ddiv2x/3a/

thanks
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 21st 2001#18944 Report
That is extremely confusing. I strongly recommend you don't make all of the navigational elements rearrange like that. Navigating web sites is hard enough without them moving all over the page every time you click on anything.
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 22nd 2001#18955 Report
it is a good idea. . .

but i agre, it could get very confusing. hehe
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 22nd 2001#18956 Report
Well,
I on the other hand like the nav. If you can't figure out how it works, then we need to be having a different discussion.
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 22nd 2001#18957 Report
he he!
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 22nd 2001#18958 Report
I like the nav bar but dexer does have a good point it is very confusing. I would change the font color of the selected page so it stands out more.
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 22nd 2001#18959 Report
I'll agree with Deker. The way the chosen item moves to the front of the list is confusing. If my operating system did it's button's like that, I'd be pissed off.
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 22nd 2001#18962 Report
I understand how the navigation works. So save your comments about how stupid you think I am.

The point is, navigating is annoying enough without the entire navigation bar playing musical chairs every time I click on something. Every time a user comes to a new web site, they have to figure out how to navigate the web site before they can really gain any information from it. Sure that may only take a split second, but you still have to think about it. Normally you only have to do this once, as most sites keep a consistent layout throughout their site. On this site however, you have to look over the navigation again every time you go to a new page, because it shuffles itself into a new order.

Imagine being in an office building, and every time you enter a room, all of the other rooms shuffle and rearrange themselves. Needless to say, it would get very frustrating to try and get anything done there. Similar principals apply to web site navigation...

- edit -

People also usually follow a pattern when navigating a web site. Top to bottom, left to right, etc. This site makes that very difficult, as everything is rearranged everytime you go to a new page. People don't know where they were last, or where they are going without reading through the entire navbar again. Most people will probably end up going to the same page again on accident, or another page that they didn't want to go to.
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 22nd 2001#18976 Report
Don't get me wrong dude. I don't think your stupid, I think anybody who can't figure out how your navigation works is stupid. The navigation itself is really cool, but I would agree with others, you should change the font color or size once selected, but hey, that's just my opinion. Good luck on the site.
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 22nd 2001#18982 Report
Don't get me wrong dude. I don't think your stupid, I think anybody who can't figure out how your navigation works is stupid.

I suggest you design a navigation just like that one for your next client. After the cleint states that they want the navigation to be simple and intuitive, tell them that if their visitors can't figure out how to use the navigation that they are stupid. Then let me know what it's like losing a client.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum