TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Best way to get HTML

Page: 1 Reply
May 31st 2006#173068 Report
Whats the best way to get a photoshop psd to a table style HTML File with a custom table layout?
Is this possible with GoLive or ImageReady?
I am tired of exporting the files and having to remake an entire html page because photoshop puts everything into one table and nothing can expand...

Anyway, give me some tips/tricks or tutorials please!
Thanks
Reply with Quote Reply
May 31st 2006#173071 Report
The best way is to code the page by hand, with the images from photoshop. Or at the very least just slice up the images from photoshop, then build the page in something like Dreameaver. Imageready and the Photoshop export make horrible HTML that is very difficult to work with.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 31st 2006#173083 Report
How can anybody disagree with deker ;)... I don't. Just wanted to add this, as the best way to do it is in fact by hand also try and stay away from tables... There are times when one can, with delight, use tables for different data presentations, but using them for the site layout is not for me...anymore. Try and make the image in PS, slice it up and handcode the layout using div's and classes rather than tables...

Patric.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 31st 2006#173086 Report
My knowledge on divs are limited due to the fact that I was orginally taught the basic tags by my father and learned with them...
I know tables inside out and have never had trouble with them... I do not understand why so many people dislike them and keep referring me to use divs as I have never had any trouble using tables...
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 1st 2006#173095 Report
There are dozens of reasons to use CSS instead of Tables. But I've typed them all out way too many times on this forum trying to convince people, and it makes me tired, so if you want to research and learn for yourself: http://www.blingo.com/search?q=why%20use%20css&x=0&y=0

If not, feel free to stay in the 1990's and use tables.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 1st 2006#173096 Report
Like Deker, I got sick and tired of trying to convert Photoshop files to web pagtes, and the whole slicing and table thing is for the birds. Anyway, I wrote a plug-in called SiteGrinder. I converts Photoshop designs to working websites. There's no slicing involved, the output is valid XHTML 1.1 and CSS.

SiteGrinder just came out with version 2.0 and now it supports a ton of advanced things like importing external HTML, late binding to external HTML via PHP require(), email contact forms (make 'em right in Photoshop), background tiling, documents that expand vertically, and more. And, of course, there is the standard list of things SiteGrinder does: direct conversion of styled Photoshop text to styled HTML, buttons (graphic or text), drop down menus, hyperlinks galore, full graphic re-use, and more.

Chris Perkins
http://www.medialab.com/sitegrinder
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 1st 2006#173101 Report
css all the way. speaking of css, im not trying to advertise or anything,..but my new website im working on is 100% tableless and 100% unstyled within the html page. open it up, if you have firefox shut off my style and see what it lookslike with out it :P http://www.timothyallard.com/ if you click on the web design tab once in ther eu can get some hosting and domain info lol i havent had time to add the tutorials for photoshop yet. take a look tho i <3 css
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 1st 2006#173108 Report
Timmy... luckily you don't advertise as your homepage isn't a design you yourself have made. This template is made for wordpress by a friend of mine called Andreas Viklund, the templates is found here: http://www.oswd.org/design/preview/id/2204

My sole purpose of posting this is that I can't find (if I'm wrong I'm sorry) any credit on the site to Andreas... I'm of the conviction that one should credit others for their work if one uses it... Why dont you ?
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 1st 2006#173111 Report
You've been busted!!
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum