TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Need Help with sliced banner (header)

Page: 1 2 3 Reply
Nov 27th 2004#163278 Report
Hi...

I need some help.

I created a banner (header) and sliced it up in Image Ready. I have the HTML code and the images which I pout into the page to test it out.

I'm trying to put it in a web-page so that it is 100% and will get larger and smaller as the user adjusts his browser. I have tried everything and cannot seem to get it. I've tried using a background image but and the thing just won't display right.

Can anybody point me in the right direction?

Thanks. :(
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 4th 2004#163493 Report
***bump*** :mad:
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 5th 2004#163537 Report
i don't understand what you trying to do...are you tryin to set a table to 100% or image?

open HTML document that you have created in HTML editor and try working out something...or did you ever consider using CSS...

body {
background-image: url(put a url to your image);
background-repeat: no-repeat;
}

good luck....
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 5th 2004#163542 Report
Well I'm creasting an image for a header. I want it to be 100% as people expand their browsers. I think maybe the "no repeat" thing my help my problem.

Hmmm. Thanks. I'll give that a try and see what happens.
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 5th 2004#163544 Report
Image sizes remain static, regardless of what the browser window size is.
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 5th 2004#163549 Report
[QUOTE=!mo0chan!]Image sizes remain static, regardless of what the browser window size is.[/QUOTE]

why don't you try centering the content of the page. So if a visitor resizes their browser your page will always be in the middle...

my suggestion is just experiment...

good luck..
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 5th 2004#163550 Report
[QUOTE=alenxVR6]

why don't you try centering the content of the page. So if a visitor resizes their browser your page will always be in the middle...

my suggestion is just experiment...

good luck..[/QUOTE]OK, I'm not communicating my problem properly.

Look at the header on this forum. I am using the "air_x" version where the header is 100% and resizes no matter how large the browser window is.

I made a header that is 800 wide and sliced it in Image Ready. I want it to resize to the value of the browser window but don't know how. When I put a backgroung image it has spaces between the slices. I see that when you view the last slice of this header (air_x) that there is only a little skinner graphic. I don't understand how this was done and am asking for direction to understand how to make the header in this manner.

Is that a better explanation?

ty ~ CB
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 5th 2004#163559 Report
[QUOTE=CrossBones]OK, I'm not communicating my problem properly.

Look at the header on this forum. I am using the "air_x" version where the header is 100% and resizes no matter how large the browser window is.

I made a header that is 800 wide and sliced it in Image Ready. I want it to resize to the value of the browser window but don't know how. When I put a backgroung image it has spaces between the slices. I see that when you view the last slice of this header (air_x) that there is only a little skinner graphic. I don't understand how this was done and am asking for direction to understand how to make the header in this manner.

Is that a better explanation?

ty ~ CB[/QUOTE]

like !mo0chan! said
Image sizes remain static, regardless of what the browser window size is.

is it possible to get a screen shot so we can better understand it...

or email me the files

[email]alenxonline@yahoo.com[/email]
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 6th 2004#163566 Report
The thing that's going on with the air_x banner is that pank has the actual banner align to the left, and the container that's in it has the repeating streak pattern on the right.

Therefore, what you need is the banner, a repeating background that'll be seamless with either end of the banner, and the container for it i.e. div.
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 6th 2004#163569 Report
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 3 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum