TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

2 models

Page: 1 2 Reply
Feb 25th 2004#143525 Report
Rodder, that is amazing man. I had no idea that you were this good at 3d modeling. I always thought you were just photoshop and photography... but your pretty dang good IMO.

Awesome work man :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 25th 2004#143526 Report
Sweet job man. I'm lovin it, looks great. :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 25th 2004#143548 Report
Looks really great congrats! Is the engine textured at all though??
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 26th 2004#143581 Report
Thanks.

Actually....the engine is textured. It has a metal/dirty texture.....but for some reason doesnt show up too well. Most engines are that flat gray color anyway. My other choices (im trying to be accurate) were a black (..which would make it way too dark) or possibly a rust kinda color.

I always thought you were just photoshop and photography

Those are kinda my "main" interests. But my others go far beyond that to 3d,motion,video,sound etc. Basically.........I like everything lol
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 26th 2004#143593 Report
Hmm...take a screenshot of your engine texture if you can...

Are you using max to render? If you're using Brazil or anything else, make sure the engine texture is not raytraced.
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 27th 2004#143687 Report
yeah im using scanline.

As to the texture.....this is what im using

Ive tried a few other textures and played more with the uwv maps, but things still dont look textured for some reason. I think its my modeling. Its a lathed spline w/ very hard edges, which when repeated (like the rings around the egine) might be causing the problem. Im going to fillet a few verts and apply a new texture...see if it changes things.
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 28th 2004#143804 Report
You might wanna try applying textures to selected Polygons (Using ID numbers) or even try out Unwrap UVW modifier..try the former first though..Just select poys, and drag a tex onto them..that all you have to do. If you're applying the above texure to the whole thing, that's your problem..its stretching it out to a grey colour with absolutely no detail.
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 28th 2004#143818 Report
Your right about that. I was applying it to the entire model, not the faces. Actually ive decided to go in a diff. direction. Im replacing the material above with a shiny-chrome like metal, and then the afterburner (which is a shiny brushed metal )will become a rust color. Also i filleted the hell out of a couple dozen verts which is helping a bit.

Here is the start of the new texture:

http://www.shiftstate.com/Projects/eng_metal2.jpg

Also the new texture is bringing definition to the engine bolts (in black) which im really liking. I couldnt see them before.

and as a side note: i hate texturing lol. Well its not all bad......but modeling is much more fun!
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum