TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

2 models

Page: 1 2 Reply
Feb 10th 2004#141771 Report
I just updated my site with these......and figured id post em here for fun.

They were 2 WIP's...... but they came to a screaching hault fairly quick. For some reason during both projects i just lost all interest (even though i was having fun...go figure).

Anywho

Jet Powered Dragster
It haulted right as i was about to make the jet engine, the cylinder back there is just a fill in.

Winter Cabin
This haulted with the snow on the roof. It was hard to model the snow so it looked realistic. It still has creases which i never got to remove......
Its supposed to be a christmas kinda scene....then i was going to do a painting for the background.

i'll upload a small fly-around animation of the dragster in a few
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 11th 2004#141808 Report
and here is the fly around. Its hard trying to film a shape this long.....so its not much (that and its a wip).

Fly Around
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 11th 2004#141818 Report
OMG somebody other than me or Chris posted 3D stuff!! nice work, you've got some reaslly nice models there..now you need to work on lighting and texturing :D Keep up the great work! PM me anytime if you need help
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 12th 2004#141929 Report
good stuff man, and i ditto what cyb said i like the cabin, lighting actually looks like a gi set-up? keep going...

chris
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 13th 2004#142018 Report
Thanks guys.

Its funny....i havnt touched these files in a couple months, but for some reason posting them here/on my site just put me back in the mood. Im currently working on the dragster/jet engine (which is really hard.....the amount of GOOD references/information is really really low).

And yes its GI. I may not use if for the final render though (when ever that will be..) cause it seems to wash out the snow (or atleast the texture in the snow). Though it may be a possibility.....the final render will be darker i think......and i'll light the windows like the bottom image.
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 13th 2004#142040 Report
I dont know very much about 3d stuff, but I think those look really good for something that is a work in progress. I really like the cabin :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 16th 2004#142340 Report
Update

ok....here like a semi-major update. The reason its "semi" is there is still a huge amount of work to be done, but its major because i modeled the jet engine and after waaaaaaaay to much research, I managed to gather enough data to model a fullsize 1/1 scale dragster. Why did i do that?? Well......it was easier to model. Instead of guessing porportions by eye and hoping for the best, i just measured them out :-D

updated
-jet engine added
-rear chassis modified (to fit freakin huge engine)
-rear wheels smaller
-front wheels wider
-entire car = actual dimensions

Still left to do:
-paint/graphics/texture/lighting
-misc engine details/brackets to hold it
-fix front rims (maybe new rims...)
-finish rear end (tires/brakes/chassis tubing)
- add parachutes
-model driver (not sure if i will though.....maybe just a torso w/ helmet)

and if i finish the project...and feel like working more....then i'll add a 1/4 track and attempt animating flames/smoke. Othewise i'll leave it a model for the time being.
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 20th 2004#142915 Report
Updated

Here is a preview of the final image. Im still working on texturing and fixing shadows/reflections. The paint is a yellow/orange gradient with a yellow/red flake

As to the dragster itself:
- remodeled front wing (took off meshsmooth and beveled instead)
- remodeled nose of the body...now its nice and square/even with the rest
- modeled brand new rims! After failed attempts of splines and booleans....i just broke down and box modeled the whole thing. Took a while...(i had to do it like 3 times to get it right) but i think it was worth it.
-new brake caliper / rotors
-added grill for the engine (so birds and objects dont get sucked in)
-completed the rear end
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 20th 2004#142945 Report
That reflective paint on that dragster really looks awesome man. I love where this thing is going... its going to really look good when you finish that bad mother ;)
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 25th 2004#143514 Report
And here is the finished version. I did a big 180 with the paint job. Turns out the yellow/orange gradient was actually causing a few problems (might have been my modeling) and when i got rid of the yellow and went all orange.......it was just too boring too look at. Plus......i like flames.

http://www.shiftstate.com/Projects/dragster_finished.jpg
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum