TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

inserting flash movie into dreamweaver

Page: 1 Reply
Mar 27th 2001#693 Report
let me preface this post by saying that i am new to dreamweaver and am using version4, and have only a very basic understanding of code.

i have a full page flash movie 795x482 that i want to play first thing when the user comes to my site- it is a full page animation against a white background. after the movie plays once, i'd like to have the flash movie disappear and an html page i created in dreamweaver appear in it's place.

how do i go about doing this- it is not simply inserting the flash movie into my existing hmtl document page because the dw default for insertion is i think at 8x10 pixels but i'd like the flash movie to fill the whole screen going all the way to the edges- my flash movie and html page dimensions are 795x482.

so how do i make the html page appear after the movie plays and how do i position the flash movie so that it goes all the way to the edges of the screen instead of the dw 8x10 default?

thanks.

Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 27th 2001#701 Report
Well, I'd start with publishing your Flash movie out in flash and playing with your settings there. Most of your options for fll screen/etc. are in there. To go to a new page afterwards you just need a getURL action on the last frame of your movie that goes to the HTML page you want. Hope that helps...

Chris
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 28th 2001#730 Report
thanks fig,

i'll try it.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 1st 2001#865 Report
Yo....why dont you make your page a flash movie. Make a movie in flash (or use the one you have), and then at the end, insert a GO TO thingy. Then put in the address of the page you want to show up.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 5th 2011#202032 Report
You can easily insert Flash Video content in your web pages without using the Flash authoring tool. You must have an encoded Flash Video (FLV) file before you begin.Dreamweaver inserts the Flash Video component; when viewed in a browser, this component displays the Flash Video content you select, as well as a set of playback controls. web directory submitter
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum