TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

How to remove gray transparent layer

Page: 1 Reply
Jul 7th 2010#199303 Report
Hello

My wife was making a slideshow from images the other day and added a gray layer onto our holiday images so that the text would be easier to read. Unfortunately the program she used actually saved that transparency onto the original images!

So now most images look like this.

How can I remove that gray area (transparent gray layer) at the bottom of the image?
Any ideas are appreciated!
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 9th 2010#199323 Report
hi,
oooh a very hard lesson to learn... never use the orginal........ i always make a copy and then use the copy...

anyway....
also keep in mind what works well with one image may not work well with another....

my idea is to treated it as a light leak ... now there several tutorials on the net on this... basically repairing photos...

what i did, was selected, with a 3px fade, the grey area....
then applied a curve to eliminate the grey snow.....
then with the eyedrop i sampled the good blue areas (picked the 5x5 avg)
and then used the paint bucket at about 20% tolerance colored in the grey sky...

now this did leave a line that was noticiable but i used the healing tool to eliminate the the line ... in a couple of places i used the blur tool

not perfect but at least with that picture you linked not to bad

Chokobanana said:Hello

My wife was making a slideshow from images the other day and added a gray layer onto our holiday images so that the text would be easier to read. Unfortunately the program she used actually saved that transparency onto the original images!

So now most images look like this.

How can I remove that gray area (transparent gray layer) at the bottom of the image?
Any ideas are appreciated!
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum