TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

How to create this glow effect

Page: 1 Reply
Jun 16th 2010#199129 Report
Hey guys,
I'm pretty new to Photoshop and i've been trying to edit a different picture of the earth.
I'm trying to achieve the all around glowing effect as seen in the below picture. Anyone have any ideas how i might create this:

How do u make certain green parts really bright?
I really like how the light beams come off it aswell. Any idea how to create those aswell?

Thank you
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 17th 2010#199133 Report
Come on, someone must know how to create this effect.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 17th 2010#199134 Report
there are many ways to do it motion blur is one of them
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 18th 2010#199137 Report
What about the bright green areas? How do u create them in the same way as the picture?
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 21st 2010#199152 Report
There are various special effects plugins available on net to suffice your requirement.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
E cigarette
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 21st 2010#199154 Report
hi smack,
first there isn't really specific name for the effect... there is not a one click meathod to do that...

if you notice more carefully... yu see there several tools and techniques. that were done and several layers were required and apply the right blend mode...

as far as the earth itself.. they probably added alittle noise and blurring..

now the colors.. to give you the various shades and what you say a glow... i think several ways to accomplish that..
a. i think in some parts they just paint in and adhusted the brush opacity like on the edge of the eath itself....
b. using color fill layer and a mask, either adjust opacity of the brush or layer..... then paint where you get the color tinting you want in those areas you want it..
note: do you know how to use a layer mask...?

now that just a couple of things... and i hope that enough to get you started....

SmackAHobo said:Come on, someone must know how to create this effect.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 29th 2010#199228 Report
I am new in this Forum.I hope the forum can give some knowledge for my future work.Right now I am currently working as a seoer that can be based on the seo knowledge,Thanks for sharing this information.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum