TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Help with zooming

Page: 1 Reply
May 6th 2009#197508 Report
Hi, i recently picked up a copy of Photoshop CS4 extended from my friend, and im a little new. The reason i got this was for my Intuos4 which will be arriving tomorrow. In the mean time i though i could practice a little. Ive been checking out videos of people drawing and coloring already existing images, so when i tried to follow along with this tutorial
http://tutorialchamp.com/index.php/beginners-guide-to-digital-coloring/
I noticed he was zooming in a lot, and the problem is when i go to zoom in, the lines obviously become distorted and lose a lot of quality.
Now i know its not my pc because im running 1.5 gigs of ram, a xfx geforce 8600gts , and an athlon amd 64. Ive also enabled OPENGL and updated my video drivers to the latest version.

My main question is, why cant i zoom in and out like the videos and not lose a crap load of quality.

Another reference is this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcYASZMxqnI&feature=related
, hes clearly zooming in and out and not losing any quality when doing so.

Thanks to anyone who took the time to read this and help me out...im stumped on this and cant find an answer.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 6th 2009#197512 Report
Hello there,

This might no be the issue you are having, but I know that at odd zoom percentages the image is low quality, like at 30% or maybe 60% the image looks like crap, but at 25, 50 or 75% it looks fine,
Reply with Quote Reply
May 7th 2009#197521 Report
thanks for the help, your right though it does look better at a multiplication of 2. As a total newb ive been slowly learning and i think by setting the page at a higher resolution, i can zoom in really far without seeing any pixelation and loss in quality, i guess its just the picture i was testing had a low resolution dpi, and was loading at a 100% zoom right off the bat, but my other pictures with a higher dpi i can zoom into really close without pixelation.

Thank you for your help though, your suggestion made me realize my problem :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum