TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Changing the color of a filter

Page: 1 Reply
Apr 6th 2009#197247 Report
Hello, I am quite frustrated. I just want to CG my drawing, and usually the way I do this is by adding a filter called "Poster edges" to my drawing. I then spend a while cleaning up the drawing and making the poster edges look nice and styleized from there.

The problem is that filters from the filter gallery seem to only change the color to black. I really just want to change everything that gets "Poster edged" to a brownish color. Is there ANY way I can do this? Any way at all? Thank you.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 7th 2009#197248 Report
Ei! I solved your problem mate! Remember those cut out things you used to do in elementary school? Well i do!

Simply use the filter as normal and then use the background eraser tool on one of the black spots created! Then make anouther layer the color you want the lines to be and put it in behind!

Oh yea, remember to set the background eraser tool to discontigous or this wont work.

You can find the background eraser by leftclicking on the normal eraser and holding down for a moment.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 7th 2009#197249 Report
Thank you very much your solution worked. And I was very close today to not being completely frustrated... but not quite there.

You see... your plan worked and turned the lines of the drawing brown. However...

What I usually do is color my drawing by using the layers under the "Darkened" Filter layer. Then everything I color goes right under the lineart I made and it does not screw up in any way my lineart.

This is not the case here. If I try to use layers under my filter layer to color the drawing, the color will not appear due to the "White" of the filter.

The white of the filter is there because I generally scan a drawing into Photoshop then apply the filter to the scanned image. That makes it so the white of the paper still exists...

So coloring on layers underneath the filter will not work... and if I try darkening the filter... the brown color I used on the layer underneath will come up...

Sighhh so close this time... but not quite there! Is there any way we can now remedy this new issue?

I don't see why when you make a filter that everything at a certain level of darkness becomes set ABOVE everything on a certain level of brightness... That way the lines don't end up still fused in with the white of the drawing..

-_-; I just wanna get back to making my drawing... UGH...But thank you very much for your help, and any more help on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 8th 2009#197252 Report
Hi,
This site really helps a lot who are working for photoshop and need a help in every particular field.
=====================================
psusane
www.getinforum.com
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 8th 2009#197254 Report
So in other words I am screwed?
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 8th 2009#197255 Report
Please someone help me. I have been at this for three days and I really need to get this done. I really desperately need help. Anything at all that you think might help, throw it out there.

Or if you know of a place that will actually help me, then please let me know.

I need something... anything. Please
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 8th 2009#197256 Report
Sorry i havent responded earlier, i'm not around durring daytime due to collage.

Euh.. Im afraid i cant quite understand the problem, fell free to rewright the new question in anouther manner so that i can understand.

I also hang out around devppl.com as Crax, those guys know alot to so it might be an idea to post there if you dont fell like wrighting it all over!
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 8th 2009#197257 Report
Okay...

I have a drawing that I scan in Photoshop. I apply a filter to it so that the lines of the drawing turn black. I then use your method to make ALL OF THE BLACK PARTS brown.

Now, how can I color the drawing on layers under the lines?

Normally since the filter leaves white all around the black lines, I have to darken the layer with the black lines (the filter layer) so that when I color on layers under the black lines the color does not affect the filter layer at all at goes right under the deep black lines.

With your method of turning the black lines to brown, I can no longer use this method to color my drawing.

What should I do?
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 8th 2009#197263 Report
I also posted this question on the forums you suggested. I now have this posted in three different places.

I hope to god I can get an answer.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 8th 2009#197264 Report
Im afraid i'w read the text more then twenty times now but i simply cant understand what you mean! Fell free to add [email]burs@telia.com[/email] on msn if you want to talk it tru, otherwise there is always the devppl forum. I'll stay online on msn for awhille since i have to do some homework.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum