TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Let's play "Guess the Technique"!

Page: 1 2 Reply
Apr 15th 2001#1720 Report
I was thinking wastedyouth tut for the barcode too

as for the keyhole, I think everyone hit it right except......isn't it using "overlay" instead of "multiply"?

Good Christian said:
"tell me how i did this object! "

With a Whole lot of "expanding and contracting selections"................ Lol! :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 15th 2001#1731 Report
Im just guessing here, but wouldn't the screw have been made by creating a square section, filling it with a gradient, then duplicating the layer, setting one to overlay?, and applying a bevel and emboss effect to the layer. THe layer/s would then have been skewed. Again, it looks like a Wastedyouth tutorial. (They had a drill tutorial the other day).
Then sections of the beveled layer would have been deleted.

Thats just my $0.02, anyone point out my errors?

Ill post my own image tomorrow. A hard one :D

-edit- Looking at it again, I can see that the shape would have had to have been loaded into a channel, then had the "Blue Omni" lighting effect applied to channel Alpha 1 (or equivalent). I know, because I did something similar the other day.

BTW: Who here has messed around with WY tutorials? THe other day, I was trying to bend the spring for my i/face, when, after Polar Co-ordinating my image, I ended up with a perfect palm tree! anyone else had a similar experience?
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 15th 2001#1757 Report
Welp, as for my image... you guys are right on the dot re: the bar code. Yes, it was the WY tutorial. Those tuts are pretty helpful, but they're all pretty much geared toward that metallic style all them kiddies have. You gotta' be careful not to let the styles in the tutorials determine your designs. Use the techniques, don't let them use you. ;)

As for the keyhole face plate, I masked it and then turned it into a channel. Then went back to the image, Filter > Render > Lighting Effects and used either a spot light or directional, don't remember which, with the "texture channel" set to the masked face plate shape.

And I agree with tornupinside about GC's drill bit/screw image. Expanding and contracting selections... filling with a gradient... deleting sections from the larger cone using the circular selection tool to get the spiraled effect, and then doing something with the omni light to get that bright spot in the center. Looks like you added a touch of noise too?

-px
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 16th 2001#1797 Report

Your right about the screw tutorial, i used it but i modified some part of it and did something in the end.

It's not the Blue Omni setup no and Entity yes I had a similar experience
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 16th 2001#1816 Report
okay then if not omni, what about directional?
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 20th 2001#2018 Report
*rings the bell*

Okay, since no one accurately guessed how you did it, please tell us how ya' did, and then the person who was closest can post the next graphic!
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 20th 2001#2041 Report
I exactly did the screw tutorial, did lightnigh effect on default but with different colors and multiple time. Then I did polar coordinates.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 20th 2001#2046 Report
Good work. I never would have guessed the polar coordinates.

Bring on the next image!
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 20th 2001#2047 Report
Please start a new post for it.

I really don't wanna' scroll through 3 pages to find the newest replies.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum