TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Let's play "Guess the Technique"!

Page: 1 2 Reply
Apr 14th 2001#1633 Report
Alright, a few people have already tried to get this section of the forum going, but no one is keeping it up for some reason. So, I'm gonna' give it a try.

I thought we could create a little game called Guess the Technique, where someone posts a Photoshop-made image, and the first person to figure out or guess how it was made (what the steps were, what filters were used, etc.), or how it could be made ('cause sometimes there is more than one way to make an effect) gets to post the next image and try to stump everyone.

Maybe this will get people to do some creative thinking and problem solving. And maybe encourage or inspire some to investigate and try out some new and different techniques. Almost like a test! Only fun. :D When it's your turn, it's okay to post an image you made while following a tutorial even... anything that took a few creative steps to make. Just post the tutorial URL (if you remember it) with the solution after everyone has their guesses in.

Too complicated? Nahhhhh. ;) I'll start with a really super easy one.

Image:
Real photos used were a color snapshot of the bald guy and and a black and white of a keyhole.

Question: How was the "bar code" in the background achieved? (Told ya' it was an easy one.)

If that's too easy, here's a bonus question: How did I make it look like the keyhole face plate is under his skin?

- px
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 14th 2001#1634 Report
bar code:

add noise; motion blur (90°); adjust levels

keyhole:

make keyhole shape in channels, load selection, copy part of the head (with the selection), and then add bevel (or emboss)
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 14th 2001#1635 Report
btw i thiing this is a really cool idea, i think my guesses are right (bar code is from wastedyouth right?) so it's my turn hehe.

Well a part of it is from a tutorial, but their is a big part that comes from my own improvision

tell me how i did this object!

Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 14th 2001#1664 Report
Because, for example, Good Christian's technique for the keyhole face plate would work, but it's not how I did it. Close, but not quite. Any other guesses?
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 14th 2001#1668 Report
But let's try to get some other people involved. I think I know, though!

- px
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 14th 2001#1679 Report
Good_Christian--Screw Picture

I acheived somewhat of the same effect here when I was messing around a while back:

http://www.angelfire.com/on/newmuzic/Glowing_Pillars.jpg

(Please cut and paste into browser so it will work)

Not yet going to say how I did it.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 14th 2001#1686 Report
Hmm, for the keyhoe....
Make the shape in illustrator, import as path on a new layer above the layer containing the head, fill with white, bevel/emboss, then set the layer properties to multiply
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 15th 2001#1696 Report
Haha. ;)

Anyway, that's another method that would work, but I didn't use Illustrator at all. In fact, I haven't been able to install it again after my computer crash because I lent it to someone a few months ago and they never sent it back. :-/

-px
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 15th 2001#1697 Report
Cool sig, btw.

I should probably get around to making one sometime in the near future.

-px
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 15th 2001#1700 Report
Hahaha!!!
I guess thats what the spell check button is for, heh.
Um, didnt mean to call you a hoe, :]

Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum