TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Adding new fonts to photoshop??

Page: 1 2 Reply
Apr 11th 2001#1476 Report
Originally posted by Utopian23
Time for a little friendly elbow-to-the-ribs:

Never had this problem on any version of the Mac OS...up to and including OS 9.0.4.

This is one of the reasons Macs are prized for the efficient workflow in the graphics industry.

Uh huh! I Did have a small problem with suitcase on 9.1 but that was taken care of with a patch from extensis.

PC fonts:

I think Utopian touched on this earlier but....
Are these fonts that aren't showing up either..
A) mac fonts
B) postscript fonts

If A).....hang it up, they'll never become available to that PC
If B).....You Must have a utility to introduce the postscript font to the PC such as "Adobe ATM" (or ATMdeluxe) or some other font handling proggy.

Next thing to check.....
How many fonts are resident in your windows/fonts directory?
Over 700?
If so, Both Microsoft and Adobe claim that its the other guys problem, but Both of them agree there is a bug between adobe products and the windows OS that makes things go haywire. (per microsoft's forum and adobe Tech support)

Now fixing this is kind of a pain in the butt but what they recommend is you start taking fonts 30 or so at a time and keep them in sets and drag them off into a different directory (make a new folder for each new group of 30)
Then restarting (AFTER each group of 30 is moved) and seeing if the font problem still exist.

From what I gather windows writes every font installed via the font control panel to the windows registry, and thats what the adobe products have the problem with when they try to read "more" than 700 fonts from the registry.

There is alot more info on this on adobe's site and microsoft's site

hope this helps...
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 12th 2001#1488 Report
I got it to work

Thanks everyone for helping
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum