TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Adding new fonts to photoshop??

Page: 1 2 Reply
Apr 11th 2001#1429 Report
I downloaded some new fonts, unzipped them, put them in windows/fonts but when I load up photoshop the new fonts don't show up please help.

This board is great thanks for everyone that has been helping me out
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 11th 2001#1431 Report
Are you sure they're the right format for your machine? I've seen Mac fonts compressed as a .zip file, leading one to believe they were actually windows fonts, but they weren't. These wouldn't work on a windows box.

Do you have w-aaaaa-y too many fonts installed like a lot of people do?

Have you ever considered that getting AdobeTypeManager Deluxe, Suitcase or some other pro-level font manager might be a good idea?
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 11th 2001#1440 Report
You have to "install" the new fonts. So close Photoshop...

Go to your Start Menu > Settings > Control Panel > Fonts > File (in new pop up window) > Install New Font...

Now select the directory where your unzipped fonts are, which is probably C:\windows\fonts if you've already tried to make them work. Then click on the font names of the ones you want to install - or click "select all" if you just want to select them all - and then click "OK". When they are done installing just click "Cancel" to exit and close the windows. Now open Photoshop back up and the fonts should be in your list.

I am one of those people who have way too many fonts. :P

- pix
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 11th 2001#1443 Report
Same porb here.

Well swinger way does work but i find this method a lot quicker.

Well if you have unzipped the fonts into the font directory, all you have to do now is go into winword, and see if it there. This is just a simpler way than swinger cos it does the same, his way yo manually install it, but if you open winword it scans the font directory automatically and adds any that hasnt been added.

(if it doesnt work first time try again, by exiting windowrd and opein it again)
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 11th 2001#1454 Report
I'm not sure here but they still don't show up I think its that the fonts are not for win2k. Cause it works fine on my win98 computer. That sucks I guess I need to hunt for win2k fonts
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 11th 2001#1456 Report
I am running win2k on mine and all my fonts work. Have you made sure the fonts are in the directory winnt/fonts

?

Go there and check if they are not there unzip them to ther, and if they are there open them to make sure they are not corrupted or maybe 1 bit of data missing, then open winword and see if the fonts are listed under there.

That should fix it.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 11th 2001#1463 Report
Restart, it's that simple. Takes less than a minute, and it works for me every time.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 11th 2001#1468 Report
My machine takes forever to restart so installing the fonts is faster for me. :P
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 11th 2001#1470 Report
Time for a little friendly elbow-to-the-ribs:

Never had this problem on any version of the Mac OS...up to and including OS 9.0.4.

This is one of the reasons Macs are prized for the efficient workflow in the graphics industry.

No flames, please!
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 11th 2001#1472 Report
I never have had to reboot to get a font installed. I just unzip it into winnt/fonts and its there.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum