TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

oscommerce

Page: 1 2 Reply
Mar 4th 2004#144244 Report
yeah I got the digital downloads working ok. I removed the link because I'm looking at other options and will re-install it.

Thanks. I'll check out that link.
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 4th 2004#144252 Report
Hmmm. I like that http://vbskinz.express.eshox.com/ I just have to figure out how the products work ;)
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 4th 2004#144272 Report
Yeah eShox is a whole hell of a lot easier to customize. But all of its modules are still in table code, which pisses me off. That's another reason I'm using EE/PayPal on my next site. I have total control, and can do the whole thing in CSS so it'll get on search engines a whole lot faster and more thoroughly. And I don't even have to spend weeks rewriting all of their ugly table code.
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 4th 2004#144305 Report
[QUOTE=deker]Yeah eShox is a whole hell of a lot easier to customize. But all of its modules are still in table code, which pisses me off. That's another reason I'm using EE/PayPal on my next site. I have total control, and can do the whole thing in CSS so it'll get on search engines a whole lot faster and more thoroughly. And I don't even have to spend weeks rewriting all of their ugly table code.[/QUOTE]

EE/PayPal ??

Is that the eshox you are talking about? So far that seems like about the best one I've seen. A little pricey for $299 but looks like it may be worth it. I still have to get the demo working fully to see how it functions.
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 4th 2004#144310 Report
EE = ExpressionEngine www.pmachine.com it's basically blog/cms software. I'm just going to use that and the PayPal shopping cart system to run the next store I do, rather than a shopping cart system.
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 5th 2004#144391 Report
Man! Have any of you actually set up that cart for digitial downloads? Either I'm really stupid or it does not seem to work very simple
http://vbstore.express.eshox.com/shopping_cart.php

All I want is to set up digital downloads.
If you want to play the admin login is the default admin/admin

All I want to see is how it actually works before I buy it. And I can't seem to get it to work.
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 5th 2004#144401 Report
Ok. That script sucks. 2 full nights wasted and I cannot get a downloadable product set up to test. It does not seem to function properly. If it's that hard to set up I don't want to use it.

Back to the drawing board...
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 7th 2004#144591 Report
They have a support forum on the eShox site. http://www.eshox.com/forum/

Hope I didn't waste your time. I haven't tried playing with any of the digital download stuff.
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 7th 2004#144592 Report
It looked really nice but I think oscommerce functions better. At least from what I saw. I'm holding out for a bit. I think I've talked the guy who's script I use now to make a cart ;)
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 7th 2004#144619 Report
Kewl, keep us in the loop on how it works, and what the costs incurred are. I think the best thing about OSCommerce is the price!
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum