TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

new site

Page: 1 2 Reply
Oct 21st 2002#74652 Report
hi guys.

mostly finished up my new "corporate site" today.

www.soktdesign.com/business

let me know what you think. the entire site is only 124k, which is pretty cool i think. i know of a lot of sites that have a bigger splash page than that!

the company will have two sides, the business side and the side for bands. so to cope with that, i am going to use this splash page (i know, i know... but this one actually serves a purpose!)

www.soktdesign.com/splash.jpg

you'll just click whether you are a band or business.

my business cards are also going to be two-sided. one side will be nice and light and professional and the other with dark maroons and browns or something for the band side. pretty neat, eh?

anyway, let me know what you think.
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 21st 2002#74658 Report
Looks good I only have some comments for your hosting side. you might want to apply for an account at 2checkout.com, so you can accept credit cards and stuff. Safer too. There's a one time setup fee of 49, but I think its worth it.

The splash part.. The band's side is not that good IMO. Might want to reduce the brushing.
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 21st 2002#74672 Report
Looks great dek, i think it's spot on. I haven't a clue about backend, but i'm sure zed has sa point. Nice, clean, simple. All the right ingredients
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 21st 2002#74675 Report
Yeah I know the grunge side isn't as good as all you grunge guys... but bands won't know the difference in my opinion. I'm not making the site for a bunch of web designers to look at... you know?

I may take a look at 2checkout.com later. Like after I get some money coming in... I'm not going to put any money into until I'm making money though.
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 21st 2002#74676 Report
When I grow up (if) I wanna be JUST like Dek!

Very good site, Derek. Solid portfolio page, lots of good info throughout. I like the color scheme.

Constructives: I don't like the 'double header' look with the gradient in the mid. It doesn't "pop" for me. Matter o' fact, nothing on the page grabs my attention or directs the eye. Take a little more control of the experience, make me look at what you want me to look at.
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 21st 2002#74679 Report
Silly dan... you and your "popping". You seem to have a Rice Crispie's view of web design. ;) The only thing I really want to "pop" is the three boxes on the front page telling quickly and easily exactly what we offer. And I think they do that. It's the first thing I look at when I go to the page anyway. Is it different for you guys?

Thanks for your comments though everybody.
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 21st 2002#74680 Report
Oh yeah, and I totally beat you in the race to finish our sites, Dan. hahah.
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 21st 2002#74694 Report
Finish? You have a loose interpretation of finish....

At least there's no broken links on my site!!!

The page cannot be found
The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

Please try the following:

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Open the www.soktdesign.com home page, and then look for links to the information you want.
Click the Back button to try another link.
Click Search to look for information on the Internet.

HTTP 404 - File not found
Internet Explorer

Don't forget Snap and Crackle!!!

:D
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 21st 2002#74695 Report
Which one was broken? The Web design link from the nav bar? i noticed that this morning and will fix it tonight. were there any others?
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 21st 2002#74699 Report
Dek, is the splash not meant to have a link? Also, as a nice touch, you could add a script from Dreamweaver....the one that sets the text at the status bar at the end of the page. 'welcome to soktdesign' or something. It's under the behaviors tab. I think it's neat, and shows the client that you have a bit of 'scripting' knowlege :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum