TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

something simple (looking for input)

Page: 1 2 Reply
Aug 7th 2002#63584 Report
Bonjour,
This is my site I'm working at the moment, it isn't finished (only have the index, portfolio and curriculum up right now), but I could do with some input:

http://mapage.noos.fr/xl.web/

xl
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 7th 2002#63592 Report
I think those buttons are cool. but other than that the site seems lacking the white is just to empty, may be a splash of color some where other than that i'd have to say tres bon
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 7th 2002#63598 Report
Very nice. I also like the buttons. Personally, I like the simplicity of the site. If you can do more with less, all the better. (sorry for the cliche). I find it quite interesting to wotk with white (personally I think it's one of the harder colors to work with). Also like your PS work.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 7th 2002#63605 Report
I like it...

I like the buttons, the site is very simple, easy to understand where you going, i just dont like how everything opens in a popup window... i hate popup window designs...

You should make the content of the site come up in like an iframe right where the excell thing is... and just make that excell faded in the background... that would look cool...

Overall nice site though...
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 7th 2002#63606 Report
Love the buttons a lot too. Perhaps you can try something different for the word "eexell" though ?
Bon travail en tout cas ;)
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 8th 2002#63704 Report
ok, thanks a lot for the input!

x_fusiun_x> I am actualy using iframes (in the portfolio), but as it isn't full for the moment, you can't see it :D I'll be using them for the "autres" section (tutorials and some other stuff like fonts) too....but as for using them for the photoshop work, it's a bit hard! I think that I need to keep some "bigness" for that, and if I put them in the frame I would have to make them small :(

Zyconium> I want to keep it "simple", so i'm not sure if adding some colors would be a good thing! It's really a "partie pris" (don't know the word in english), to work with only white, black and one color

foxtrot>any suggestions would be welcome! That's the only thing I was abble to come up with, so that it was coherent with the rest of the site.

cheers
xl
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 8th 2002#63719 Report
Hey eexell (whoa that name is cool!) I really like the site. 1. it is really clear and easy to look at. 2. it is very nice and original. 3. those buttons are really really cool! 4. If I were to make any suggestions I would go with adding a bit more color.
You could maybe have each button a different color on the roll over, and also maybe just a hint of color in the name, that would make the whole page seem more 'colorful'..
but very nice.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 8th 2002#63762 Report
well, i see we all agree on that fabulous simplicity..... and i like it without much color.. there is color in portfolio...

the disagrees...
- pop ups... hate it!
- text in that cute little boxes.... why not make it in 3d?
- /don't know french, but suppose that 'notions' means 'nothing'?/ ..... .. .. .... if yes, than why mention xpress and javascript........ if not, sorry ;~)
- empty thumbnails in portfolio... maybe a bit lighter

that's it......
i know it doesn't sounds like it...... but i like it....

adios
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 8th 2002#63781 Report
ok thanks a lot!

well "notions" means "a bit" which is better than nothing lol
I will definitly lighten up the empty thumbnails a bit, thanks for that point!

as for the popups, I know lots of people don"t like them, but If I want to keep a bit a size on my portofolio images, I cant' put them in an iframe inside the black lined frame, or else you would have to scroll, and I think it's best to pop it up than have to scroll to look at a picture. So it's more a question of not being abble to do it another way...but maybe I haven't thought of somethink, so if you have any ideas as to how I could avoid the popups I'm listenning :D

cheers for all the input
xl
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 8th 2002#63881 Report
could someone using ie6 have a look at the site, and tell me if the rollovers on the buttons work please!
A friend of mine can't see le color effect on the buttons with his version of ie6, and it doesn't seem to be a security setting problem

merci
xl
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum