TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Rag on this site some more :)

Page: 1 2 Reply
May 30th 2001#4687 Report
ok, here goes...

-i know its been mentioned before, but i have to mention it again...taking away the ability to resize the browser is going to annoy the user. you can change anything inside that little white space, but DO NOT mess with the browser.

-comic sans is the devil's typeface and should only be used in crappy cartoons.

-the rotating clock adds nothing to the page and i find it annoying. does the user need to know the time when they are viewing this page?

-i don't like news in a scrolling box. its not user friendly. use the body of your page for news. thats the whole purpose of this site.

-the colors are really bad. that bright green with paint splats needs to go. i'm not a fan of this bright green/dark green/pink/purple/etc color scheme

-is there a more interesting way to present the list of family members? maybe little pictures. the menu format they are in now is very sterile and not inviting.

-this is a family site but it looks like it could be anything. personalize it. make it instantly recognizable that this is YOUR family's site. make it look less like a website (does that make sense?)...less squarey looking...and i'd drop the pseudo-frames look that is created by the gray lines between each square element.

-that green strip along the top is wasted space. make use of it. that is valuable space. plus, the lower the user's resolution gets, the more that is going to push your content down.

That's off the top of my head, I will post more if i think of anything else.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 30th 2001#4689 Report
Change...the...colors.

While i have nothing against green ,all of that green and other random colors make me twitch. The clock is cute, not needed, sort of has a "thrown" on look to it. Meaning you found a script, thought it was cool, and threw it on there. It otherwise doesn't fit into the design, the look and feel of the site, in any way.

Charm is correct, you need to personalize it more, make it seem less like some website slapped together. (colors, ahh the colorrrrss)

Why have the page restricted like that anyways??
Reply with Quote Reply
May 30th 2001#4704 Report
Using IE 6.0............still wants me to scroll left/right
Reply with Quote Reply
May 31st 2001#4722 Report
Thanks everyone!

After discussion with my daughter.... I have 2 things I CAN NOT change.
The goofy clock is one...(she just wont have it, she wanted it in the first place). I did however convince her we didn't need it on EVERY page.
The second is the colors... since it was a family colaboration....and everyone had a say in it. (you shoulda been there...rofl!)

but I'm working on the other stuff

thanks for the brilliant input.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 31st 2001#4777 Report
lol, i can imagine.
But I guess messing with the window size was your brilliant input wasn't it :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 1st 2001#4849 Report
*nods shamelessly*

indeed it was
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top