TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

First Time Poster - Need Objective Opinions

Page: 1 2 Reply
Apr 7th 2002#40229 Report
I've been a long time browser but never a poster...I just got laid (off - hehe.) and so its time to get something together for my portfolio. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Of course I still am working on developing the content etc. but this seems to be the main structure so far.

Click Here For Link

Thanks.

EDIT: Big image removed.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 8th 2002#40232 Report
Please don't post big images directly in a thread. Links are good.
I think what you have is excellent.
I would like to see something in the top right area where it is just red, other than that I think you should go for it.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 8th 2002#40233 Report
Yeah in the upper corner where the red is I will be putting a flash swf file in that has an animation with an intro or some sort of important info that I would like to push.

Thanks for the feedback.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 8th 2002#40244 Report
yeah looks great so far...nice work
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 8th 2002#40252 Report
I guess it is good that I'm getting positive feedback...I was hoping for a little more criticism :P.

Thanks guys.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 8th 2002#40255 Report
well since you asked:

i dont really like the font for the buttons and that text at the very top right corner.

i also dont really like all the jagged stuff at the bottom, but pretty much everything else is great.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 8th 2002#40289 Report
Yeah that stuff on the right side is going to be cropped in the final version. The funny thing about the font is that it is the same as my ohmypixel except for the fact that it is capital letters. Crazy huh?
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 8th 2002#40291 Report
a-freaking-mazing
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 8th 2002#40298 Report
I think it looks great....maybe just come up with like a logo or something and throw it in that red open spot...but just like change the opacity of the logo so its kinda faded, that would look pretty cool....other then that nice work...
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 8th 2002#40422 Report

First off, I really like your concept--very eye appealing. That said, "God is in the details" ~Mies van der Rohe.

Size: It looks like you're going for a 800X600 compatible site, yet your go just past the fold a little bit. I would think you could give up some of your vast real estate that you have in your banner. Also, at 800X600 your text looks a little too anti-aliased--looks clean @ 1280X1024. This is an issue I still have to go and resolve on a couple of sites I've done.

Junction: This area bugs me. Nothing seems to quite line up.

Balance: You have a coupa navigation items in the lower right--but there's nothing there to balance the eye. You have some intense colors and graphics in the top and left, and nothing to balance it in the lower right. While it's okay to break rules sometimes, people will look longer at something that feels balanced (if you believe all that Gestalt stuff).

Overall, I'm very impressed. I like where you're going.

::was that enough criticism?::
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum