TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

That contest i need a critique

Page: 1 2 Reply
May 5th 2001#2992 Report
lol sweet as
i don't mind
k i will try and fix, many a time have i gone damn that shiz is dumb and a waste of webspace, then can't get anything close to it.
COuld you plz tell me how to create the text inset thing into a picture.
Being a newbie i don't know what i am really capable of so i don't have the knowledge to judge myself and be tough on myself, just take the constructive critisism you guys give me, you are the experts.
THis is my first real graphic i have made man i hope i win a prize
lol
o man

have a look at these
they are my contest entries until i make those adjustments.

http://kidzgolf.homestead.com/ToxicFrog.html
Reply with Quote Reply
May 5th 2001#2994 Report
Reply with Quote Reply
May 6th 2001#2998 Report
K wut logo should i put into the eye
Reply with Quote Reply
May 6th 2001#3005 Report
take out the lens flare and replace it with a logo like the guy above said. the toxic frog text is really nice, mind telling me how ya did it?
the some dead trees text isnt so great though.. you might want to change that part
Reply with Quote Reply
May 6th 2001#3010 Report
k Psnewb here is how i did it.
I got a font called dark crystal.
Then i jsut duplicated the layer moved it 2 pixels down and 2 piexls to the right then filled it white.
then duplicated tht layer agian and moved it up 2 and to the left 2 and filled it black.
i put black layer on top actual text in middle and white on top then i selected that white layerz transparency to about 30 and then changed the mode to soft light a
there it is.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 6th 2001#3011 Report
Everyone seems to be limiting themselves to putting a dead tree, and a frog, and maybe some toxic waste cannisters on their submissions. Just because they are called Toxic Frogs doesn't mean they have to have frogs on the cd. Or dead trees if that's what the album's called. Most cd covers have nothing to do with the band or album name. They are just an interesting piece of art or something, to catch your eye, and make you say, "Hm. I can not hear what this group sounds like until I purchase the cd, but because their album art is damn cool, I may just buy it, because why would they have such a good cover if they sucked?". I think that's the whole point of a cd cover.

Anyway, your text is still having problems. That bright green is blinding. Also like I said before, there is so much stuff on there, that it's almost impossible for the title to jump out. You have to 'search' for it to actually see what the cd is called. Plus, it would grab my attention a lot more if you had something much simpler, even in black and white if you had to. All you did is take some pictures and mush them together. Have you ever seen a weezer cd? It's just blue, with a big "WEEZER" at the top, and then the four guys at the bottom. Very simple, but very eye-catching, and you can tell who's cd it is even from 30 feet away. But if you just have a collage of images mashed together, and text that blends in with the images, then you have no idea until you are right up there examining it.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 6th 2001#3015 Report
Amen!
Reply with Quote Reply
May 6th 2001#3018 Report
If it was there first cd there probably would be a frog on the cover. But who would buy a cd from a band named Toxic Frog?? I mean.. Toxic Frog.. come on!!
Reply with Quote Reply
May 11th 2001#3340 Report
I think you should reduce the size of the perental advisory warning. I never see it that big on actual cd's. I also don't think the scanlines should be runing through it. I would reduce the opacity of the scnlines a bit more. The TF in the frog's eye needs a bit of work. Make it more subtle. And ghange the font. The TF looks to blocky. And i find that having the TF and Toxic Frog written twice is a lil redundant. Maybe you should make one smaller or just get rid of it. Besides that i totaly agree with what Deker had to say. Just keep at it though. Your almost there.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum