TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

That contest i need a critique

Page: 1 2 Reply
May 5th 2001#2955 Report
k guys i am the newbiest person ever
k here i made this cd cover for that comp don't laugh when you see it, give me tips on how to improve i know the pictures aren't pasted properly but i am working on pasting them properly. u know so the edges arnen't all jaggey.

http://kidzgolf.homestead.com/files/ToXiC-fRoG-bY-LEVI.jpg
Reply with Quote Reply
May 5th 2001#2957 Report
ok tell me if the picture on this link works plz.

http://kidzgolf.homestead.com/Addreply.html
Reply with Quote Reply
May 5th 2001#2962 Report
Why are you guys putting parental advisory things on there? is that mentioned in the contest? It looks bad. If you aren't requred to put it on there, just don't. Even if you did, it's usually in the lower right corner.

The text for the title of the cd is too dark. It doesn't stand out from the busy background.

You don't have to have so much going on in order to stand out. Simple is usually better. And use a lot of contrast, like black and white, or just a few colors.

Go to a cd store, and flip through the racks really fast, and see which ones catch your attention, then figure out why it caught your attention. Don't copy it, just figure out how they made it stand out from the crowd. That's a good starting point.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 5th 2001#2967 Report
Remember, Toxic Frog is the BAND not the CD. You have one huge frog on there but you shouldn't have a frog at all!

*EDIT - I mean, a frog is not necesary, you can use (a smaller ;)) one of course.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 5th 2001#2972 Report
thnx for the comments i wil go work on i tnow to make it better
Reply with Quote Reply
May 5th 2001#2974 Report
Reply with Quote Reply
May 5th 2001#2984 Report
Where is that contest exactly where can i sign up?
Reply with Quote Reply
May 5th 2001#2985 Report
text needs improvement, and if I where you I would change the pupils of the frog's eyes with some sort of logo.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 5th 2001#2987 Report
never thought about that, any suggestions cristian
Reply with Quote Reply
May 5th 2001#2990 Report
Yes, the text really needs improvement, and the logo-idea is a really good one.

Also, you should imagine that you're in the CD-shop looking foor a cool CD to give your grandma for her birthday, but you don't know what music she likes. Would you choose the album with the cover you created?? I know I wouldn't.

Than you have to ask yourself the quetion why you wouldn't and you'll find out that:

-it has only 1 color.
-that 1 color doesn't get you attention.
-the straight line that's going to the frog irritates you.

That is exactly what I do when I'm doing an image (Most of the times I leave the grandma part out :D).
How many times have you been to a very ugly site, although you wouldn't be able to create it yourself. Now that's what I mean, you've got the skills but you don't get them out right.

I'm not saying that your image is bad, in fact it's really good for a total newbie, but you should judge your own work, and you should be a tough judge.

Soory for giving you this bull****, sometimes I just get the spirit and start typing, consider me nuts
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum