TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Decline Designs v4

Page: 1 2 3 Reply
Jan 25th 2002#28318 Report
Can you guys give me comments on my brand new design??
I updated the design because of some complains and ****... And, I was starting to get tired of that ****.
But this weekend I might get a new place for my website! Unlimited space, pretty short URL, support for cgi, php, mysql, fast server (cable) and new e-mail adress!
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 25th 2002#28323 Report
SPLASH
hmm bah.
Sinedots.
And while the font makes a fine header (top)it makes the 'quote text' took horrible ("The source for web designers") its REALLY annoying to TyPE WItH RaNDOm LoWER cASE
It looks bad, makes it look really funky.

Your stats4all image isn't working
Might look nicer to have a nice image instead of plain webtext for a 'enter' button.

Inside
Hmm, more sinedots, notimpressed
Nice colors, simple layer.

Now with the ability to actually shut down windows in a webpage its a really bad idea to **** with people by adding an X button on your tables-windows like that. I'd just stay away from that if i were you. Your choice really.

Hrmmm, there seems to be alot of open space. Why do you have your 'windows' down so far? Why not make less space between the header and the 'windows' and than just make the 'windows' longer? More room to type and less scrolling for the user than.

Unless you plan to use that space for somethingelse??

Overall its nice, not that bad, but it still seems to lack something.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 25th 2002#28324 Report
looks good. Just that your image saving techniques are bad

most of your images can be saved as a gif and it'll look better without those grainny stuff going on

ohh ya, seems that some of your images are linked to files on your C: drive...
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 25th 2002#28327 Report
I agree with theDPQ about everything. Expecially the Xs on the windows. What are they for? They don't do anything.

Your images are still compressed too much and look like crap. The nav bar and window border images would look a lot better if they were a GIF.

All of the text in your content area is cut off on the right side because of that scroller script you insist on using.

There are tons of spelling errors on your site. You really need to spell check it if you want people to take you seriously as a "professional" web designer.

If your browser window isn't maximized you have to use two scroll bars... the default browser one and then your little dHTML scroller thing. Just give that thing up... You already have the site in frames, so it will already scroll and your nav will always be visible. Just quit using the stupid scroller script. It makes it 10 times harder to navigate or use your site.

There are a lot of broken images throughout the content area of your site.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 25th 2002#28329 Report
Damn why cant I use the scrolling script? It's 5000% easier to place the text directly on a image without needing to write it in photoshop or something. If I used the normal scrollbars the faded background in the main window will be repeated and ****ed up. But....wait....I just thought about something....I will just check if it works ;-)
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 25th 2002#28330 Report
You can set the background image to not tile by using CSS. Don't put your text in an image either. It makes it so you can't copy paste text, change the font size, or read it with a screen reader or braille reader. I don't think you really care about any of that though. So go ahead. Use your scroller script.

Edit:

Your site also looks really bad in Opera. All of the text is off on the left side of the screen. Can't even see half of it.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 25th 2002#28334 Report
Well, can you check out the "About" site now? I made it without the java-s scrolls. If this works fine, I'll use it. There's only one problem. It's the background, it repeats itself...Is that ok or..?
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 25th 2002#28335 Report
Maybe I should make a new background, a taller one? That would at least make it better...

Well, it looks okay doesn't it?
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 25th 2002#28338 Report
I have now made a new enter button too....
Well, does anyone know about any good counters/statistic counters for free? (and without advertising)
That stats4all stuff doesn't work anymore!
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 25th 2002#28341 Report
Your about page looks much better now.

If you use Cascading Style Sheets you can tell that background image to not tile. That would solve your problem.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 3 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum