TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Just foolin around - whatcha think?

Page: 1 2 Reply
Apr 10th 2001#1357 Report
Oh, and don't get discouraged... constructive criticism will only help you get better! If typography is your weak link, then work on it. We are only trying to help you build those design muscles.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 11th 2001#1438 Report
Mike, don't get discouraged, type is hard, like I'd be willing to say one of the hardest concepts in design. You see a lot of "pros" that really have no sense of type at all, it's something that's developed over years. Best thing I can suggest is to keep playing with type and working at it, look at other designers' who you think use type really well (or really poorly) and figure out why what they do does or doesn't work. Read some books on type, and look up guys like David Carson and Neville Brody (who are either loved or hated for their use of type).

Whatever the case, start and try to think about where you want your audience to look, what you want them to focus on, where you want to draw their eye, then try to do it. Once you're done, look at it objectively. Does it work? If not give it another shot...

Hope that helps...

Chris
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 11th 2001#1441 Report
Type is very hard to master, when i finish my design and i have the type to add, it take me double the time just to make the type fit with the image, and that is just fit with it not look good.

Well it looks good all i can add as an opinion is tweak the drop shadow a bit, by making it less blury, and making the distance a bit shorter, the last thing you can maybe modify in the drop shadow is maybe make it a little mor intense, but like i said my opinion, but give it a go if you want.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 11th 2001#1451 Report
sounds like you are missing the point. most design involves some sort of text (some copy, the name of a company, etc...). these words should be part of the design process from the very first step.

adding them after 'the design is finished' will either make your job 100x harder or result in a poor design (or both!)

*CHARM*
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 13th 2001#1547 Report
I dont care what they say I recon its pretty cool
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum