TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Just foolin around - whatcha think?

Page: 1 2 Reply
Apr 9th 2001#1261 Report
So I was just foolin' around with photoshop and all it's filters and I made this logo/splash screen for a fictional design company -
What do you professional people think?
Thanks!
Mike

Here's the address:
http://home.dejazzd.com/mikesmith/DeJaune.jpg
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 9th 2001#1269 Report
Heh! A pleasant background design... and I like the catch phrase down at the bottom. Clever. All around easy on the eyes and pleasing in general.

I see room for improvement, though. The "DeJuane Designs" is the name of the company and is probably the weakest part of the splash. They are kind of akwardly separated... when the phrase at the bottom overlaps itself. Perhaps play around with the company name and see if you can make it fit better or stand out more? Just a suggestion based on personal opinion.

Nicely done! Keep it up...

- pixie
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 9th 2001#1273 Report

I kinda don't like the overuse of filters. The typing is a little boring that's right.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 9th 2001#1275 Report
I do agree that the over-use of filters can often cause a good image to go bad, I don't think that they were overused here. Although there may be quite a few used, they weren't so bad that it ruined the effect.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 9th 2001#1281 Report
too often people don't pay enough attention to type and just slap it on last. the text should be part of the design! in this case, the type is totally disjointed from the rest of the design and kills it.

*CHARM*
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 9th 2001#1283 Report
Hear, hear.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 9th 2001#1286 Report
I'm one of those guys who slap the text on lol i suck at doing type.

The way i see it is that the whole thing is kinda boring. It misses a good focus point. Wouldn't use it for a splash page. But if your just foolin' around then it's ok
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 9th 2001#1314 Report
I have to agree on the use of type, it does seem a bit "slapped on" for lack of a better term. Unfortunately this is the tendency of a lot of designers, type is an afterthought rather than a focal point. For something like a logo the type should be the first thing you think of, a logo will probably be used in print, web, etc., the background doesn't make that much of a difference. I don't feel directed anywhere specific with this design, nothing really attracts my attention.

I'd say try it again, but start with the type this time

Chris
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 10th 2001#1350 Report
Okay, so I can't design type. :-( I tried something different this time keeping the DeJaúne and Design together more. What do you think?
Mike
http://home.dejazzd.com/mikesmith/DeJaune2.jpg
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 10th 2001#1355 Report
"DeJaune" needs a bit more contrast, try making it a darker color, but that is much better.

Does the little purple bunch in the center remind anyone else of a belly button? Heehee :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum