TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

JP Art Design

Page: 1 Reply
May 18th 2005#168259 Report
I have had this site for roughly 3 months and wanted to get some feed back on it.

JP Art Design

Thanks in advance for the feed back.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 22nd 2005#168310 Report
The navigation of the site is clean, simple and straightforward. All good things. I like the general 'feel' of the site (a subjective thing).

Issues I see:

You use .gifs extensively (exclusively?) throughout the site. There are definate times when gifs are the weapon of choice, however, you're using them for photos--making the photos look bad. Very bad. Since these are pieces in your portfolio site it looks unprofessional, because you didn't know when to use which type of image compression where. Sorry if that sounds harsh. Your main background image for the site is a gif @ over 200K when you could have probably used a jpg @ a smaller size and better quality.

Your work experience on your resume is all over the place in terms of chronological order. I understand that several of the positions you had simultaneously, but it looks disorganized and confusing. Maybe pick the key positions that you had in a chronological order and put the lesser overlapping positions as "Other Important Experience" without the dates. Just a thought.

Overall I like the site, I'd maybe like more contrast and vibrant color on the main background image, but it's a good site, that just needs some cleaner presentation and formatting of information.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 22nd 2005#168323 Report
thanks for the feedback. i will certainly take it into account and update when I am feeling a little better. And not to worry you were not harsh. :p
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum