TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Digital Pulse

Page: 1 2 Reply
Aug 31st 2004#159366 Report
Hey!

Im in the process of setting up a new website. Was wanting to get some crits...ill be putting the forum online and buying a domain name and space soon. Also, what do you think of the name digitalpulse.org? Sound good to you?

Here's what i have

http://cyblingdesign.com/dp.html

C&C please :P
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 31st 2004#159399 Report
woohoo!

I love it cybling. I really like the changes you did (from the version you showed me the other day) I love it. :D

Only suggestion would be to like you said you were going to do (i think) is change the font that discribes the image (the white text)... but other then that I love it :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 1st 2004#159409 Report
Is that the final coding, because if it is... errr... yummy imageready tables. :p I really do like the site though, and I can never get over your work, too bad I will never do any 3d... I'm too lazy. :p Good job though.
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 1st 2004#159418 Report
Yeah this layout is nice. Your simplicity is always great. It's clean and the name fits the concept I think. It'll be a nice place when this is gonna be done.
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 1st 2004#159423 Report
I agree with changing the description font , and the only other thing that comes to mind is some way to break the section headers (news,pick,freebies) away from the thumbnails a bit. Maybe some kinda horizontal rule to the right of each word.....maybe mimic the logo a bit and put a small "pulse" at the end of each rule.....or something similar.

Looking good otherwise!
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 1st 2004#159434 Report
Cool thanks for the ideas guys!
Kinetikit, you'r damn right...its all imageready slices! You see oure too lazy to do 3D but im too lazy to do proper web design. If you want to help me make it properly, youre more than welome to help...seriously! Ill send you the psd's if you can gimme a hand...i know its all over the place at the moment.

Im more a flash man myself :P
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 1st 2004#159441 Report
Yay always nice to see new sites coming up :D
But I don't know, I don't think you put all your toughts and efforts in to this one.
I have always been a sucker for simplity, but that's only if it's elegant in someway.
Hard to explain.
I would take away the \\\\ background, never been too fond of them.
and I'm not that fond of 1 px borders either :(
I just think this site is like here is the bg and here is the site instead of "blending" it together so it would become a whole site, if you know what I mean.
And everything is just images, that the first thing people will notice, it might not take that long to load this site but you will see that it's not very good coded.
How will the updates on this site work?
It's really hard if you just have images all over.

Sorry this really was negative again.
I love your stuff and would like to see you showing them in a site that is as nice as the work you have done.
And you say that you are a flash person, then you could make it in flash?
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 1st 2004#159442 Report
Thanks 3jorn

I dont wanna make it in flash it would be harder to update. I need to 'code' it better i know..i knocked this up really fast. I dont know how else to do it. I want that text to be proper text, not images. Itll be updated by going into my psd and replacing the appropriate images in there and saving the tables off. All updates will be put into an archive list too.

I really respect your opinion on this and thanks, but everyone ive asked really like the design, and i have put quite a bit of thought into it. I love simplicity, i think that it may even be too 'crowded' for my standards, but thats only cos there's 12 main sections of content. I like the pin stripe too..without it it looks a bit boring. I know what you mean, im not a bg person either, but i think it looks sort of trendy. Its not a site i'd really gloat about really...ill leave that for cyblingdesign.com (new design coming soon) because thats a really personal site where design rules. Whereas this site is respecting the content more so than the look. Ive tried to make it 50/50 but obviously failed..

Ill mess around with it and stuff...if anyone can help me with making that text, actualy HTML text, please lemme know how i can do it.
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 2nd 2004#159517 Report
I really loved it. The way it looks and the way it speaks. You have obviously followed an important saying in the graphic designers world "Less is more". You really get people to
start focusing on the message (you're websites content) and I guess that's what you want.
Simplicity owns and always have!
Only one negative thing, I think you should place the design a little higher up. Now I have
to scroll in 1024x768 (wich indeed still is a common resolution). I don't like to scroll when I see it's unecessary.

For the text instead of gif's I figure the best way is to use
a div layer and place it below the picture!
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 2nd 2004#159521 Report
Thanks man

Ill shift it up after work. Whatcha mean by div layer? I can use a dreamweaver layer i suppose. But should a designer stay away from layers..cos of compatability with browsers?
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum