TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

all new --> ashane.com

Page: 1 2 Reply
Jul 25th 2004#156458 Report
i just have one comment about having a picture of yourself on each page like that. Would readers think that you're egotistical if you did that? I am of course not saying that you are, but that might be the feeling conveyed if you have a picture of you on each page of the site.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 25th 2004#156465 Report
It is his portfolio.

>:-

Nos.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 25th 2004#156467 Report
true, but is he an artist or a supermodel? It's a portfolio of his work.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 26th 2004#156512 Report
eEeK :confused: Good comment supahsekzy, now I'm hesitating on doing that. Touchie suject I guess......Anyway, I made some changes:

Removed the jagged texts above the thumbs in each section
made them into gifs and threw them along the left side, replacing the "shane gramling portfolio" image. I didnt really like it there anyway. also, to add to that, I put a verticle grey bar under it.

I thinking that the bar on the left that I added really grounds the design - which may have been what it needed. Before, it was all kinda "floatie" - no foundation, ya know?

- Thanks agian for all the suggestions and replies

Shane
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 26th 2004#156561 Report
Hm... well I guess the idea of putting pictures of you on there got shot down, but I still think it need something. It looks really blank when you first open a section and nothing is in the middle... maybe have the first peice of work load up in there. I dont know, it just looks really open and blank... ya know what i mean?

Looks good though.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 27th 2004#156606 Report
I totally understand - just havent decided what to do there, I like your Idea though.

Thnanks
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 27th 2004#156618 Report
Hm... well I guess the idea of putting pictures of you on there got shot down

I didn't mean to shoot anything down. If you can seriously pull off a way to do it, that looks good, then by all means go right ahead! don't let me get in your way of making a good portfolio that reflects your work in an interesting manner.

I'm just trying to point out a possible con that probably should just be considered before you do it.

Hell, if you have a pic on each page, it might come out as interesting, and maybe even funny. then again if you overdo it, then it will become egotistical (like i said).

It's all balance (I think that's what webdesign mostly is... knowing how to balance things.)
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum