TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

all new --> ashane.com

Page: 1 2 Reply
Jul 22nd 2004#156235 Report
Totally new design - Site near finished.

Well gang, let me know what you all think!

Here's the link

I am trying for the minimalist look - its a portfolio, right? I see it as the work should be the focus of the site, and not so much flashy eyecandy ( which isnt bad though )

I plan on adding something to the pages that are currently blank, (the home pages to each section) but havent yet decided on what to do. Overall, the site is finished at this point.

Thanks all -
Shane
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 22nd 2004#156244 Report
I really like the first page, but the rest of them seem almost to simple. I would mabe do some different poses like you did on the front page and put them in the blank page.... I really like that idea. :D

Looks good though.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 23rd 2004#156307 Report
Thats EXACTLY what I had in mind.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 23rd 2004#156310 Report
Great minds think alike ;)
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 23rd 2004#156312 Report
This is pretty nice.
Some comments :
First... I don't really like that the navigation has different font sizes/bold.
Don't mean this in a negatvie way, but noobies uses that to make that "cool" effect and it actually isn't that cool.
Second, I have never been that fond of those small thumbnails.
Thumbnails work if they actually are so big that you can see what the thing is about.
But just 20*20 or something like that are too small.
At least on the front page, there they could be just text.
On the portfolio site it works, but I still think it would look better with just text there too.
Last thing is that the text when you go in to photo or any other site the "photo" text over the thumbs is a bit jagged, would look better imo with a smaller font so it wouldn't be jagged or make them as gifs.

Everything else is great.
Good job.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 23rd 2004#156319 Report
I am against Jorn about the nav.

I really like it. It's out there, you can see it, and it's easy. If a person can't put their cursor over the word, and see it's a link, then they are blind.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 23rd 2004#156320 Report
I like the nav too... wierd Crew 10 people and the way they thing. :p (kidding jorn)

I love the whole site, something different for a change, looks great if you ask me. :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 23rd 2004#156325 Report
I also disagree, the nav looks great, as do the thumbnails. Those thumbnails aren't really showing you what the work is, sure, but it does at a bit of much-needed color to a greyscale site.

Nos.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 23rd 2004#156327 Report
this is a small detail, but i love the curved top left corner on everything.

and about the nav, i think it's alright the way it is, do you need the section title over the thumbnails though? they do seem a little jaggy like 3jorn said, and it's already highlighted in the nav right above.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 25th 2004#156457 Report
w :eek: w! Thanks for all the replies!

Havent noticed the jagged text - running in high res. But I WILL make some changes there, or just take them out completely like paperling suggests.

The next pose shot I'm working on will be me, tiling a floor of a room with square thumbnails. ;)

I'll be making some changes soon, and will post an update when finished.

Thanks Agian!

Shane
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum