TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

My brothers site

Page: 1 2 Reply
May 31st 2004#152023 Report
Hi! My brother is into graphic design. He is eventually going to put this concept into flash, but here is his html version!

Reply with Quote Reply
May 31st 2004#152024 Report
Well its a bit too random for my liking, and doesnt really fit well with the other parts of the site. The photo section have a nice clean solid design (except for the beveled arrows) and then the main front pages are him (im guessing thats him) with bunny ears on and no shirt.
His work is very good, and I think his site brings it down a lot. It isnt up to par with his work.

If he got rid of all the arrows, multiply colors, and have some sort of structure it would be a great site with great content. Graphic design can be fun, but this looks like hes making fun of it.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 31st 2004#152025 Report
Yup redeye is right...
His got some nice work in there...
But he pretty much spoils it with the layout.
This looks a bit like those "I want to be different" but didn't really get it to work.
Those arrows are pretty uhm...sorry...ugly...
And it annoys me when there is all those boxes on the first site but only some of them work.
So you have to go with the mouse over them and check which ones are links and which are just the layout.

In the work sections I like the vertical scrolling but the bg over it really destroyes it.
And same with the arrow...it looks like one of those clip art arrows that comes with word or something.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 31st 2004#152026 Report
Lol... I found it rather humorous. The nav was a bit unnerving, but in some ways not so typical, which was nice. Him pointing gave me a laugh, good idea. His photo manips were pretty interesting. Never thought of underwear as a noose around my goose.
I saw it more as an artist who knows a bit of web design, rather than a web designer who knows a bit of art. He's got a lot of nice work in there. imo.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 31st 2004#152053 Report
not bad, could be better...tell him to think about the text he uses..seems a little plain for me
Reply with Quote Reply
May 31st 2004#152067 Report
[QUOTE=3jorn]Yup redeye is right...
His got some nice work in there...
But he pretty much spoils it with the layout.
This looks a bit like those "I want to be different" but didn't really get it to work.
Those arrows are pretty uhm...sorry...ugly...
And it annoys me when there is all those boxes on the first site but only some of them work.
So you have to go with the mouse over them and check which ones are links and which are just the layout.

In the work sections I like the vertical scrolling but the bg over it really destroyes it.
And same with the arrow...it looks like one of those clip art arrows that comes with word or something.[/QUOTE]

I think your interpretation of the site is not only skewed...but way off.

What, as designers, should we look for? Form, functionality and flow...doesn't look like the site has any of that...but what is deeper is that this site is all about HIM and his interpretation of himself, ergo...it's art...not design...just say "hey, nice job...great peice".

Art is art only because of interpretation. What you see as a stack of boxes with bottle caps glued to it, someone else sees as a peice worthy of display.

Remember guys...some people put their work up here for critiques, some put it up here for others to see. You should try to learn to distinquish between the two.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 31st 2004#152084 Report
[QUOTE=Axiom]I think your interpretation of the site is not only skewed...but way off.

What, as designers, should we look for? Form, functionality and flow...doesn't look like the site has any of that...but what is deeper is that this site is all about HIM and his interpretation of himself, ergo...it's art...not design...just say "hey, nice job...great peice".

Art is art only because of interpretation. What you see as a stack of boxes with bottle caps glued to it, someone else sees as a peice worthy of display.

Remember guys...some people put their work up here for critiques, some put it up here for others to see. You should try to learn to distinquish between the two.[/QUOTE]

Well it should be design. Its a website not a painting or a photograph. It is possible to have art with design but if you have design that is bad with art thrown in, it still reflects on the bad design rather than the good art. This is a website, design should come first. Atleast I think so.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 31st 2004#152088 Report
I agree with Redeye, this is the webdesign critique area. Maybe this site would have been better placed in the Art showcase forum or something...
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 2nd 2004#152269 Report
hi! my little brother just told me how he asked you to look at my site. thanks for the feedback. it was all very helpful. you guys are super awesome number one all the way!

austin!
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 3rd 2004#152349 Report
Hehe, I liked it actually. It was kinda .. wacked ..
Tho it can be a little messy after a bit watching it ;)
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum