TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

HopeFaithandCharity.com

Page: 1 2 Reply
May 6th 2004#149830 Report
Hmmm... I checked it out again, on a different computer here at home... and it lines up perfectly now. lol. Weird! Once I use that other computer again, i'll give you a shout...
Reply with Quote Reply
May 7th 2004#149854 Report
i'm a designer, i could give a flip about usability ;)

seriously, i think as long as you stick to keeping your links underlined usability isn't an issue. if it stands out from normal text your user is prob going to realize they can click on it. just my two cents...

chris
Reply with Quote Reply
May 7th 2004#149869 Report
Even if the usability advantage is only slight, it's still worth it to me. There is a lot of research showing that default link colors and visited link colors are more easily identified. Even if you only have to think about it an extra .3 seconds if they are a different color, it's not worth it to me. Not for this site anyway. My only concern with this site is selling products. And I think keeping people from being confused is going to help do that more than if the link colors match the color scheme of the site.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 7th 2004#149873 Report
I was thinkin' about backing Chris on the whole linky-link thingy... but I took a whirlwind tour of the top ecommerce sites I shop at and every single one of them use underlined blue links on their sites. Sorry, Chris.

Excellent work, Dek!!!! When I grow up, I wanna be just like you! The only feedback I have is get an 800 # for the orders. It's not that much money, and they can tie it into your current phone number I believe.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 7th 2004#149878 Report
Believe me, I tried many many times to get her to get a 800 number, but she won't do it. I even put it in my recommendation section of the contract. But she won't do it. It was hard enough to convince her to get internet at her business! She wanted to print the orders out at home and bring them in the next day. Gees... Clients... She even got a fax machine... Hooray.

She also won't advertise on google or overture. She wants to "see how it goes" without it. I should have done what my dad does and just include an extra $200 in the price, and put her on google myself, that way she gets orders immediately and sees the value of advertising. Oh well.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 7th 2004#149885 Report
[QUOTE=malibu]I was thinkin' about backing Chris on the whole linky-link thingy... but I took a whirlwind tour of the top ecommerce sites I shop at and every single one of them use underlined blue links on their sites. Sorry, Chris.[/QUOTE]

interesting...as i've mentioned i'm not a fan of it visually, but i am more curious about the usability now. i may have to do some researching of my own and see...

chris
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum