TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Play.ShiftState.com

Page: 1 2 3 Reply
Mar 16th 2004#145532 Report
Wow Rodder great job, looks alot better!

I like the icons idea, but there no balance up there, maybe i fyou had an icon for every link? No no icons at all..

Other then that, looks much better! Great font too
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 17th 2004#145593 Report
http://www.shiftstate.com/Projects/play.html

5 images / ~250k / Newest on top.

Thanks. Its gotten a little bit better (in my opinion anyway) in this new version.

Changed :

- Scrapped icons. I couldnt make good ones for "links" or "graphics" (lol....i couldnt make a graphic for graphics). Even though I thought icons would balance out the layout a little, it doesnt matter. I think it looks just as fine without. I used bullets instead. Goes with the whole period/bullet theme goin on.

- Cut navigation in half vertically after i took out the icons. It has a nice tighter feel.....though it goes against my original "open, freeflowing idea"......oh well. Small sacrifice i guess.

- Used the shorter nav bar(s) to frame my lower content (doesnt look just like a boring rectangle with text in it anymore)

- Section titles changed & inserted into above bar

- City scene (im unsure if i should gradient mask the buildings or not)
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 17th 2004#145613 Report
Hmm, Better, but i liked the Tree graphics better... and the play (box) Information... i dont think you need to have the play(box) there, just have the header there it clutters it up.

Oth er then that its A+
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 17th 2004#145622 Report
Yeah same here, the new one is nice, but the tree image was much better!
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 19th 2004#145714 Report
I'm diggin the first and the last one. Both of them seem like they would work really well, and I'm totally feelin what you got goin for them. Maybe you could take both those designs and kinda ... combine them and see what kind of end product you can come up with. If that don't work, then I'd have to say go with the first one. I seems ... fresh and new, which is what you should be going for.

Keep it up, mate.
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 19th 2004#145719 Report
They all look really good man, but I think I like "Play3.gif" and "Play5.gif" the best, but they are all really good and nice looking :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 19th 2004#145722 Report
play5.gif is my fav so far. You should try that layout with the other headders, see what works best.

Geat stuff though :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 28th 2004#146577 Report
Um design wise, except for a white bg for the content...i havent changed much.

I decided to build it instead. I figured because its an easy layout....id use it as a CSS project (though im not about to go all css crazy on everyone). Also being css, it aint hard to make design changes so thats plus :D

http://play.shiftstate.com/

Uh....not fuctional, no content, rollovers still need tweakin...but its layed out! Works fine for me in opera 6 and IE 6 (once i got the doctype in there) [both on PC]. Also validated (last night anyway) for css and xhtml. I know there are a few tags i need to close that i added today.....otherwise all should work fine,
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 28th 2004#146586 Report
You should make it so it'll center to any screen size, right now its sorta set at center...

See what I mean? LIke if I resize my window all your content should stay in the center...
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 28th 2004#146609 Report
I think that my favorite be the third, but with the content on the bottom.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 3 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum