TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Hope, Faith and Charity DOT COM

Page: 1 2 Reply
Feb 26th 2004#143607 Report
This one is for a place where my wife works called Hope, Faith and Charity. They sell lots of girly stuff... lotions, bath oils, milk baths, shampoo, funny soaps, etc. As always my focus is on showing the products and selling them, not on impressing the customers with fancy shmancy jpegs and Flash doohickeys. The site will be run using either MovableType or the ExpressionEngine (www.pmachine.com), along with the PayPal shopping cart. Mainly because I find canned shopping cart scripts like OSCommerce extremely limiting and hard to work with. And can't program my own, so this seems like an interesting way to go. We'll see how it works out.

http://hopefaithandcharity.com/layout2.jpg

http://hopefaithandcharity.com/layout3.jpg
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 26th 2004#143608 Report
Reminds me of Amazon
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 26th 2004#143632 Report
Yep, I like it. Clean and proffesional with the emphasis on the products and ease of navigation. It looks like you will stick to the the rule of thumb, no product purchase should be more than 3 clicks away.

I would be tempted to fashion some graphic for the header and a few other subtle points throughout the site, but really it wouldnt be to the detriment if you did not. I might also be sorely tempted to put some text navigation at the bottom, this will serve the dual purpose of ease of navigation and allowing screen readers to access your content - essential for vision impaired users.
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 26th 2004#143635 Report
Yeah, they look good, except for the fact that the site really outweighs the title. Maybe put the title in a box, or make it bigger, or use a less skinny font. Also, the minor links (upper right) are just left hanging there. And if youre using html text for the site, it wont be anti-aliased in any Windows browsers, and it will look quite choppy and crappy at such a size in IE.

Thats going to look good, though - just work on it a little more and youll be there. Lots of pages to make, though. ;)
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 26th 2004#143638 Report
Clean, professional, and looks very good.
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 26th 2004#143639 Report
The font for the logo is the company's actual logo, so nothing I can do about that.

The tabbed menu on the top will all be done with CSS, and will actually just be a nested, unordered list in the HTML, so there is no need for additional text navigation at the bottom as far as accessibility or search engines goes.

Yeah I know the text will look like **** on Windows. But everything looks like **** on Windows so what're you gonna do...

If I use MT or ExpressionEngine I won't have to create every page by hand, so it shouldn't be too bad.

Thanks for the input.
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 26th 2004#143646 Report
I like it - it's girly e-nuff

but I would like to see some pink too will you mabe the tabs/pages different girly colors? that would be nice I think
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 26th 2004#143647 Report
I'm pretty much stuck on those colors. That's the color of everything in her store. And my wife says I can't use any other colors.
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 26th 2004#143650 Report
oh well - nice enuff as it is but I would really like some pink haha
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 27th 2004#143738 Report
you could spice it up a bit with a few of these http://www.harrythecat.com/graphics/slidbar.gif
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum