TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

First post.

Page: 1 2 Reply
Apr 3rd 2001#933 Report

Well I am fresh out of the blocks. I am a newbie to this forum and tryig to improve my photoshop skills. Tell me what you think of the image and any comments or suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Also if you know any good tutorials that could assist me let me know.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 3rd 2001#938 Report
thats pretty cool, only a few suggestions, add stars, and perhaps run the sphereize filter on the planet to make it look more round ( assuming its on a seperate layer!)

and, the best site for tutorials ( short of this one :P ) is http://www.rainworld.com

Good luck with photoshop!!

Snore
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 4th 2001#964 Report
You want my advice?
Avoid the lens flare filter!
Its overused and rarely used well.

*CHARM*
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 4th 2001#983 Report
Don't avoid it, but know when to use it... And do not mind charm he/she is a little grumpy today, even if he/she has some good advice....

The picture is a nice beginning. To add stars, make a new layer, fill it, and add noise, monochromatic, blur, adjust levels, layer = screen..... *phew* that was fast...
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 4th 2001#985 Report
Thanks for the tips? Well as for the lens flare I hear that is the common rule. But is my use in this pic at least a decent attempt? I have a star bakcground made for this pic but the layer was hidden when i saved the copy. i wasn't sure about the way it looked.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 5th 2001#992 Report
Neo, I think its rather nice!
A layer of stars would make it even better

I say, "use everything Photoshop gives ya!"
I also say "I think you found a pretty good use for that lens flare.
But, ...I'm from Alabama too, and what the heck do we know?
"read the statistics" Lol!
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 5th 2001#1003 Report
my advice is simple. don't overuse filters. its always so obvious when you see a site that uses every type of bevel, glow, and drop shadow known to man.

rely on your own talents to make great work, not a filter to create them for you.

this is general advice...clearly this person is not abusing fliters with their space pic. the lens flare creates a cool effect...but its way too easy....and we see it everywhere...thats all.

*CHARM*
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 5th 2001#1012 Report
so charm, would you have been happier if he told us he hand made the lensflare?

Snore
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 5th 2001#1015 Report
lol i'd like to see a hand made lens flare
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 5th 2001#1019 Report
actually. what would make it look cool IMO is make a lighter colored background color. then play with the blending modes and hue/saturation. Give it a little effect other than just flat black with a lens flare.

As a first effort at something, its good enough. But dont just stop cause you are satisfied with the appearance. Play with other tools that arent in the filters menu and see what happens. The only filter I use all the time is Gaussian Blur. Dunno why...just makes stuff look neat.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum