TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Is it ok?

Page: 1 2 Reply
Feb 11th 2004#141800 Report
I have started working on my site again...Please tell me what you think...

http://frozenintimephoto.com/Packages/Wedding.aspx

Thanks,
Alyssa
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 11th 2004#141838 Report
If your site is live and not on a dev server take down the coming soon links altogether and only show what you currently have on the site.

Not a huge fan of the colour, it looks a little bit on the muddy side of pink.

Where you have your name you should make it in to an email link.
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 11th 2004#141851 Report
well......

1st - I dont really like the colour or that font at the top of the screen....... theyre eye sores!!!

2nd - I dislike those drop downs...... first off... they dont work properly.. the about one comes from underneath the home one... and they cover some of the content which is annoying

Other than that.... its ok i suppose
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 11th 2004#141854 Report
Lazyroll...I can do nothing about the font that is the font I chose for the business...
Second there isn't any "about" dropdown so I don't know what you are talking about...

I know that this site isn't like any that any person on this forum would ever create but you also have to keep in mind that I am not going for flashy I am going for family oriented and easy to navigate with a crisp clean look...Don't get me wrong I really appreciate all of everyone's advice just everyone has to keep in mind that this is a site for average people...

I guess this forum is just a little young for me..our tastes are too different...I am an old lady and I know a LOT of you on this forum are VERY young...It was nice knowing all of your opinions and I respect each and every one of you BUT...I guess I will have to keep my stuff with a group that has at least somewhat of a similar taste as mine.

Hermit...Also the color is another issue... it will be different on every computer so there is nothing I can do about that...The color that I created is a light purple and yes it is a web safe color...But i got up and looked at it on my other computer and it looked tan but everything still matched so the color is what the color is going to be...The link to email me is clearly in plain sight on every page of the site so I didn't see it the need for the extra work.....

Also I did have just the pages working that were finished but I am heavily working on the site so I created everything at once...
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 12th 2004#141935 Report
"I can do nothing about the font that is the font I chose for the business...
Second there isn't any "about" dropdown so I don't know what you are talking about..."

well yeh u could change the font, lol , if u chose it surly u can change it?

"dropdown" ok maybe not a drop down , theres a dropside if your going to be difficult.

i like the overall site, the banner needs to be lined up with the actual site but i dont really see anything i dont like, i think the color is light and inviting
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 12th 2004#141943 Report
Well Mikey, if she choose it when the business started she cant just run around changing it all the time, that would confuse the customers. It would be a little like changing the logo again, and again..

As for the taste-issue. Yes, some of the members in here are, as you say, very young, but you have to keep in mind that it's not everybody. And everyone has different tastes even if theyre the same age. I'm sure you are aware of that, i'm just saying that even though age does make a difference it doesn't mean you can show your work on this forum. This is your choice of course

And, most importantly, regarding the site..
I don't like the font much either, but that's the font - and that's final so let's skip that. I would like a little more red-ish/pink-ish colour in the background. Not a lot, just a little to spice it a bit more up.

The rest of the site I pretty much like. I like the buttons, the images and everything seems to work together for the purpose.
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 12th 2004#141944 Report
mikey

I was saying that there is no ABOUT dropdown.. I wasn't commenting on the dropdowns themselves...So therefore I don't know what lazyroll was referring to...

And Casual thank you for explaining the font situation better than I did.. that is what I was trying to say!!

And thank you for the comments...
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 13th 2004#142023 Report
Oupsie, First of all I agree with Cas. Even tho I don't like the coloring and the "dreamlike" looks of it, I can appriciate that others do, and it certainly gives it a little "weddingfeeling" so the site's doing what it's supposed to do for those who want to "shop" at your place.

I also can understand the font issue, tho I don't like it much either, but, done is done, and should not be altered...

Second of all, I also agree with Cas on that leaving the forum issue. You decide, of course, but don't leave on acount of "younger" members of the forum that don't have the same taste as you, you can still get valid opinions here, now can't you ?

And a personal tip from me to you, and plz take it the right way...I sense a huge amount of defense in your replies after you posted and gotten some answers. Don't do that, you tend to come of slightly irritated ;)...Just take the opinions for what they are and listen to them you get "real" c&c from instead of defending yourself to them who you think is "out there".

I would like for you to stay on, but you choose.

Patric.
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 13th 2004#142051 Report
Patteman,

Your points are very valid and yes I guess in a way I was defending myself and if I came off irritated it is because I was...LOL I do like hearing C&C but sometimes it just bothers me for one reason and one reason only...Lazyroll said he didn't like something but the something he didn't like is not even on my web page so the frustration starts...I don't know what he is referrring to so how can I fix it?

I am going to stick to putting up photos and my personal graphic designs from now on...I get too frustrated when it comes to web design, my taste and others' tastes just don't mix well i guess...And that is ALL me, i guess I am just to touchy, always have been always will be!!!
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 16th 2004#142334 Report
Hehe, ok...Touchy ;) Good for you. Looks forward to see more of your pictures and photos then.

Patric.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum