TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Shiftstate/Html Technical Check

Page: 1 2 Reply
Feb 3rd 2004#140554 Report
Div is short for "divider" (I think) and it is used in XHTML web designs to give the site structure. It basically cordons off certain areas for specific types of info to go there and each div is styled using CSS seperately.

[PHP][/PHP]
That is proper syntax.

If you want to learn more about XHTML and the like look in the "Resource" section of the forum or head over to www.alistapart.com

But of course they could be talking about some other thing called a div unbeknownst to me.
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 3rd 2004#140616 Report
Not only XHTML, telemahkos. Divs what _should_ be used for layouts in HTML. Tables are in fact only supposed to be used for tabular data, although >99% of the web does differently. Divs help because they separate layout/presentation from content, allowing your site to be _much_ more accessible to aural browsers, text-only browsers, braille browsers, etc.

There are some good links at the resource thread here, alistapart, zeldman's site, and reh3's (new) resource site. Everyone should check it out. :D

Oh and I would suggest server-side includes to you, too, rodder. But thats up to you.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum