TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Shiftstate/Html Technical Check

Page: 1 2 Reply
Jan 31st 2004#140210 Report
Technical check only. Im not looking for crits obviously unless something is terribly wrong with the html layout.

Orig. i wasnt going to do this. And then i thought about it...but held off for a while.....and now i have just given in. I made a complete html version 2 days ago, but i did a completely half-assed (!!) job of it...for example i used table backgrounds to cheat my way out of doing a lot of work "laying" the site out. Though it was a bitch/lot of work......each "panel" had to be split 12 times to make that black/white/gray borders around the content. UGH. (i didnt want to use images for the borders)

Its taken me an entire night..but its almost an exact mirror (as close as i can get) to my main site.

Ive tested in Opera / Netscape / IE6 (all on PC ) and im running at 100% in each browser. So im really interested if any of you MAC ppl could give this a look over.

Also im looking for small stuff..like pixel shifts and table breaks etc. Spelling im not concerned about (i'll do it later today).

home - done
news - done
about sections - done (except for 2 popups i need to make later today)
portfolio - NA. I'll be doing it later today
Contact - done xcept for the actual "mail form" (the mail form page works....just doesnt have a form on it lol )

Resume Request - I didnt include it in the Html. If someone wants it..i have a contact form or they can go to my flash site.
Lab - My WIP's arent too important....so i left them on the flash site only.

HTML Version
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 31st 2004#140212 Report
i dont see anything wrong with it........ except for those broken pages which you have talked about....

im in IE5 on PC if that helps?

hopes so.....
MArc
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 31st 2004#140217 Report
Looks good man. Seems to load pretty fast for the type of site that it is. Nice work ;)
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 31st 2004#140220 Report
On the first panel on the first page, there's a slight 1px gray line on the bottom which isn't present on your flash ver.

Instead of having seperate cells for each line of your border, you can specify border color + padding so that you can have DIVs within a DIV for that border effect. Also, you might want to make it a PHP file with includes for the frame that changes; updating the look of them all will be a pain in the ass with seperate HTML files.

EDIT: IE6 on WinXP
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 31st 2004#140221 Report
Looks fine in Safari 1.1 on OSX 10.3.2
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 31st 2004#140223 Report
Mozilla Firebird on PC = :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 31st 2004#140225 Report
it would be cool if the images changed on different pages.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 31st 2004#140240 Report
It's a good job, but I would advise against having two version of a site. I trust that you will find it a b*tch to update.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 31st 2004#140244 Report
Thanks guys! this is a big help.

@mo0 = Thnx. Wish I thought bout Divs earlier..probably would have saved me a decent amount of time lol. I'll look into that.

I trust that you will find it a b*tch to update

Im not going to update the 2nd layout. I didnt build a full flash site for nothing lol. This is just going to serve as an alternative for spiders and ppl that get redirected to my "no flash" page. Though I could possibly write a php script to read the updates off my flash site and write them to the html....but im not sure bout that right now.
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 3rd 2004#140546 Report
The site looks pleasing to me. It gets the job done.
Excuse my ignorance, but what is a DIV? (I know there is a section for questions like that, but it was already brought up and I didn't think it would take away from the original post)
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum