TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

rate my soon to be site

Page: 1 2 Reply
Aug 4th 2001#11542 Report
if u guys have any ideas of what i should add please speak up..

this is for a website that will host music from local bands around the world..

http://www.geocities.com/killer46051/Untitled-2.gif

copy and paste the url
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 4th 2001#11543 Report
...it doesn't capture my attention...:o
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 4th 2001#11544 Report
Well. It's kind of attractive. And I appreciate you not going overboard with all the bevels and lens flares and filters and tutorials. So kudos to you on that.

I think you should switch around the band/search thing in the upper right corner. You can't tell if it's a band search, or a search for bands, or a bands section, and a search section. I would suggest putting them side by side instead of stacked on top of each other.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 4th 2001#11547 Report
pixel please do not post something negative unless u tell me why it is so i can fix it :p
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 4th 2001#11553 Report
Ummm.... It says

"This page is not available.
We're sorry, but this page is currently unavailable for viewing.
If this site belongs to you, please read this help page for more information and assistance.

For general questions see our main help area, or search for other member pages"

But Im sure Its pretty cool if I could see it.... :rolleyes:
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 4th 2001#11555 Report
Cuptow555, that's why he said to copy/paste the link into the address bar. Geocities doesn't allow outside linking of images.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 4th 2001#11557 Report
Hey i like it. It's not too busy, it's clean. it's lookin real professional. i agree with the Band and Search thing with the arrows however it still looks nice.

for those buttons under the top left logo. are u gonna put text in them? cus that's kinda small and hard to read. especially on an 800x600 resolution.

Here's a couple suggestions.
Add a border around the whole interface.
actually add a border to the left side of the page and make your background colour red or dark grey. make a border or a bevel border on the inside of the left window where (i suppose) you would put your content.

Whats that white part on the very bottom of the interface? its just spanning across the whole image.

well thats all i can think of for now. peace. and nice work
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 4th 2001#11559 Report
is this better?
http://www.geocities.com/killer46051/Untitled-2.jpg

ignore the extra white space crap i just left that in the canvas to give me some working space...

about the buttons.. im running a 1152/864 pixel config and the buttons seem to be small but not too small so 800/600 should be bigger not smaller, right???

well i dont know what to do about them the guy im designing this for says he likes it

what font would be clear enough to read on the buttons?

what happened to that font tutorial so u could make clear small text
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 4th 2001#11566 Report
yeah it is kinda boring. NOt much action. Like PIXel said it doesnt grab your attenttion. Like it doesnt jump out and say look at me. You coudl easily just press back without looking.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 4th 2001#11574 Report
The design, header, navbar etc isn't supposed to jump out and say look at me. No one comes to a site to look at the navbar. It's just a necessary tool to find all of the info on the site. The content should be what jumps out at you. The navbar and everything else should just sit on the side twiddling its thumbs, saying, 'I'll be over here in the corner until you decide you need me'.

I still think the search/bands thing should be side by side. Not on top of each other.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum