TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Commercial site for John Long Artist

Page: 1 2 Reply
Aug 15th 2001#13213 Report
Mattboy: Yeah, I'm up on the INEX-no-more issue. The main reason we went ahead and used it is because of the hosting situation. The server we are on is currently running INEX stuff and it was a quick way to get the site up (did I say quick), while we look at new options. We basically just stripped down the INEX interface as much as we could--but you're right it sucks, all the rest of the sites he's running have hundreds of hours of programming.

I'd love to hear about Miva: what it took to migrate, what dbase it runs--what it takes to run on the server. I sent you an email, please give me the WHOLE scoop!
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 15th 2001#13227 Report
For those of you just curious, or wanting more information about Miva, this is the email I sent him:

-----------------------------

I cannot check my Hotmail from work, so I'll just email you.

What makes Miva so nice is that it is it's own server language. It doesn't use ASP, Perl, CGI, etc. The application end of it is all written in MivaScript, and it is clear of any bugs unlike other languages. That is why Miva is the premier ecommerce software. It is stable, secure, scaleable, it's just really really nice.

What it took to migrate:: Nothing. I moved their ENTIRE site to our new server, then just deleted everything that had to do with the Inex store, then I just edited their default main page to link to the new store, which I just planted into their existing site.

It takes only minutes to set it up, and it is FULLY customizable. You are even given choices of default layouts if you don't have the time to customize it immediately, which is what I just did.

To run Miva Merchant, you have to have Miva Empresa installed on the server. There are hundreds of thousands of hosts that already have Empresa installed on their servers, then all you have to do is have them install your Miva Merchant, whether you get it from them or buy it from Miva, it doesn't really matter. If nothing else, we already have Empresa on our servers, and if you wanted to just buy a license for Miva Merchant, you could host it with us. As I said before, I don't really know what your current hosting situation is, but if they are still running Inex Extensions, then they are in the past, and you need to get out as fast as you can.

I could go on for 17 more pages about how great Miva is, and so far, I have not had a SINGLE problem. It's so easy to use that I just told threesons.com how to log-in to the administrator interface, and now they are already adding products themselves, checking their orders (you can also send an email notification everytime someone orders something). Miva also tracks inventory if you want, sending you an email when your stock starts to run low. And it is endlessly expandable. There are 1000's of companies that develop add-on modules for Miva, which can add even more functionality. These modules are often free, and if not, then they are very inexpensive.

It has built-in UPS shipping, Verisign credit-card processing,.....

I set up something for people to test out. Change anything you wish. Screw it up as far as you can. It doesn't matter. This is for you, because I seriously want you to get off of that Inex thing. Because if there is a problem, then there is nothing that you will be able to do. Then you're going to have to decide what to do after it is too late and his store has to sit offline until you find something better. I think you'd feel much better if you went with Miva even if it was just for peace of mind.

Test this: http://sebringstore.miva.net/Merchant2/admin.mv
Login: Mattboy_Slim
PW: tartax

There are 3 stores under that administration interface. That is the link to just the administration interface. If you want to see the changes that you've made, and how easy it is to actually change things, go to this address: http://sebringstore.miva.net/merchant2/merchant.mv

I hope that this will make up your mind about migrating to Miva. When we were exploring a new storefront software when we heard Inex was out, I searched High and Low and found that everybody was talking about Miva and how great it was. I did almost 3 weeks of research to make sure that it was the right decision, and it turned out that it really was. Let my 3 weeks of research be your 3 days. I'm trying to help you out because I know that Miva will make you happy. And no, I'm not making any money if you buy Miva. I don't get commission or anything. I'm just doing it because I was kind of in the same boat you are in.

And if you want to see a more expanded text about the features: http://www.miva.com/products/merchant/features.html But these are just the NEW features from version 3 to version 4. And the other nice thing is that Merchant 4 was just recently released last winter, so you won't have to worry about updating for a while yet. And you don't even HAVE to update if you don't need to. I saw quite a few stores that are still running Miva Merchant 2!

Thanks, and enjoy,

Mattboy
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum