TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Commercial site for John Long Artist

Page: 1 2 Reply
Jul 29th 2001#10632 Report
Hey all! The site is still under construction, but getting closer. The ecommerce side is shut down (we had people start ordering prints and the SSL and merchant account aren't live yet... DOH!).

If anyone wants to see it, I can open up the 'store' for a day or so... let me know.

John Long Artist

::edit::

revised site - 08/14/01
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 29th 2001#10635 Report
I like the pic in the background, but i dont like the buttons they look kinda ugly. But it is your choice.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 29th 2001#10658 Report
i agree the buttons look cheap and unprofessional.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 29th 2001#10661 Report
The Splash page is not unprofessional looking, it is, however, touched with the innocents of a young child, which I think, was the intended gaol. It has a great sense of whimsy.

So way to go! Though I do agree about the buttons they don't fit, so how about using dog bones??? It would keep that dog/whimsy feeling of the site.

Good Work!!!
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 29th 2001#10663 Report
I opened the 'store' so y'all could see the rest and understand the site better. The link to the Lumpy Gravy store should work now (the store is still a 'canned' ecommerce package). Once in the store, click on the Catalog button @ the top....

John was a syndicated cartoonist who got tired of the deadlines so he now does the 'art-fair' thing and sells his prints. The artwork is his.

The content and presentation is supposed to be 'light' and humorous. Please continue to critique the presentation and web presence.

(I really like the idea of the bones, Kay!)
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 29th 2001#10665 Report
And if you do decide to use dog bones, which I think would be great, don't make them all going in the same direction. Have them all on different angles but nothing that is extreme. So if "0" is paralel with top and bottom of the page then I don't suggest going any further then about 40 degrees wither way.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 29th 2001#10666 Report
it was just an idea to help keep the theme.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 30th 2001#10773 Report
background image is pretty cool, buttons could be better.

it's a pretty simple page but I guess its all John Long is really asking for and I think thats all he will need. nice job :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 15th 2001#13134 Report
Hey all! I took Kay's advice: :D I got no bones about it!

Revised page with new buttons below. **Warning** site not optimized yet, ~157K. Please comment.

click for revised template
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 15th 2001#13141 Report
Malibu, you DO realize that Inex is not longer supporting their commerce server?

If you want a real storefront program, go check out Miva Merchant (http://www.miva.com)

I just got the store online for http://www.threesons.com today. They were running INEX, but we have to shut-down our Inex server because, as I said, Inex is not longer supporting that product. The store is not currently heavily customized, but it still looks 40x better than the old store running Inex.

This site: http://www.indianokoboji.com is currently using the Inex server, and saw they saw what I had for the store for Threesons.com running Miva, and starting next Monday, I'm going to work on their store.

I strongly suggest switching over. I STRONGLY suggest changing to Miva Merchant. I don't know what your hosting situation is, but if you really want to make that guy happy, listen to me and switch to Miva. If you are interested in the Miva, and want more details, Email me and I will fill you in completely.

Inex will not let you fully-customize the store without 3000 hours of work, and Miva lets you do it VERY easily.

Look at the same-ness between the store at http://www.indianokoboji.com and yours. With Miva, you can easily integrate it into your existing site-design.

Please take my advice, I don't work for Miva, but Miva is the Lamborghini when Inex is the 1977 Ford Pinto.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum